300C vs. 3010

sJv

Thanks for the warning on service at the French Camp location. I've heard elsewhere that they weren't that great. I live in the Grass Valley area, which is closer to the Roseville dealership, but it looks like they are closing that location, so hopefully the Sac dealership will have a competent service center. I tend to fix the little stuff myself since I'm a good hour away from Sac. I'll likely only take it in for bigger repairs, or see if I can get Heartland to pay for a local RV service place to fix it.

-steve

DC10-FE

Thanks for the warning on service at the French Camp location. I've heard elsewhere that they weren't that great. I live in the Grass Valley area, which is closer to the Roseville dealership, but it looks like they are closing that location, so hopefully the Sac dealership will have a competent service center. I tend to fix the little stuff myself since I'm a good hour away from Sac. I'll likely only take it in for bigger repairs, or see if I can get Heartland to pay for a local RV service place to fix it.

-steve

I haven't been to the Sac dealership for about a year. At the time, they were only a sales office. If they are closing the Roseville store, I hope they are moving the service center along with the service staff to Sac since that is closer for me as well since I live in Vacaville.

Bosty

I just took delivery of a 3010 a week ago and I am towing with an 08 F-250. I picked it up in Tucson and towed it back to my home in Phoenix area about 110 miles north and it towed just fine. I believe you will not have any problems towing a 3010 with a 3/4 ton, but there is a lot more pin weight on the 300C. You may have problems with a 3/4 ton truck with the 300C. By the way, we really love our 3010 HD Edition.

Tool958

I just took delivery of a 3010 a week ago and I am towing with an 08 F-250. I picked it up in Tucson and towed it back to my home in Phoenix area about 110 miles north and it towed just fine. I believe you will not have any problems towing a 3010 with a 3/4 ton, but there is a lot more pin weight on the 300C. You may have problems with a 3/4 ton truck with the 300C. By the way, we really love our 3010 HD Edition.

That is the very reason we went with the 3010 HD Edition. I didn't feel that my truck would handle the 2900# pin weight of the 300C and we liked the layout much better on the 3010. We like the front full closet. The last SOB pull behind we had had no closet space what-so-ever. It had two closets on each side of the bed that you couldn't even hang shirts in without laying them down on the bottom of the closet. It was completely useless. I even played with the idea of cutting the bottom of the closets out to at least let the clothes hang down. Instead we bought the 3010. I had never pulled a fifth wheel when we picked it up. Pulled it around 400 miles to get it home and it pulled like a dream. I was amazed at how well a trailer that size pulled. The biggest thing I had to remember was to allow for the turning and overhead clearance. We have since pulled with the bikes in it and it was even better getting some of the weight off of the pin.

sJv

Well, I picked up my new 300C a few days ago from Pan Pacific. I spent a while going through the coach with the tech. The plan was to camp close by over the weekend and really go over the trailer. With some trepidation, I hooked it up to my Dodge 2500. I inflated the air bags to 65psi. I headed off to Riverpoint RV park in Stockton, about 10 miles away. This is a nice little park on the San Joaquin river delta . I'll reserve judgement on the handling of the truck and trailer when I put more miles on it, but for the 10 miles there and back, the truck pulled the 300C fine - better than I expected.

I went over everything in the trailer and the only thing that I found that needed fixing was the one thing that I forgot to check at the dealer with the tech - the rear stabilizer jacks. I had no other issues at all. I am very pleased with the trailer so far. My plan was to drop off the trailer back at Pan Pacific regardless as I won't be heading home until the 23rd. Hopefully, they'll be able to fix the rear jacks this week.

I am surprised, though, that no bunk ladder comes with these anymore (with electric bunk option), according to the Heartland regional sales manager. Did anyone get a bunk ladder on a recent Cyclone?

-steve

IMG_1533.jpg

Lynn1130

Nope, but a three step stool (Costco) works just great and can be used to reach all of those high storage cabinets in the garage and the rest of the trailer.

porthole

Retired
No ladder in included for the garage bunks. We also use the costco 3 step ladder. Folds flat for easy storage.

Headlight

Congradulations!!! I too just bought a new 300C in Nov. We love it. I think more like the 3010 because it has been out much longer than the 300C and has proven it self. We looked at both models and opted for the 300C floorplan over the 3010.

We did not get a bunk ladder. We used our kids bunk ladder from their bedroom for the first over night.

71stang99

Towed mine well enough with a SRW 09 F350. Only problems that could be discussed was the lack of brakes which might be a trailer issue as discussed in other threads.

Nice rig .. I have a 2010 F250 Super duty .. did you install the airbags yourself? Thinking of adding to my truck before I purchase my 300c..any ideas?

Lynn1130

I can't tell you about a Ford but I have airbags on my Duramax and besides leveling out the load, which will probably be more important with the heavier pin weight of the 300, it also seems to soften the road bumps some.

Urban350

Nice rig .. I have a 2010 F250 Super duty .. did you install the airbags yourself? Thinking of adding to my truck before I purchase my 300c..any ideas?

I hate to say you will be way overloaded with an F-250 but having said that airbags will level the load.

Howdy

I was able to work a deal with Pan Pacific in French Camp for a 300C ordered to my specifications :). Their pricing is VERY competitive with the midwest "wholesalers".

-steve

How close do they get to those midwest dealers? A couple grand or more like $5K. I am going down to French Camp this morning to look at a 3010 and 300c. I am not going to sit down today and squeeze them on price just yet, so I just want to get an idea on what to expect. I have a 3 week trip planned this summer and will will be taking my dually and will be getting within 400 miles of these "mid west" dealers. I have no problem making a little detour and bringing a trailer home with me. Right now the local "sales" price is still $8500 higher than the mid west dealers.

sJv

I got 5 quotes from the Midwest dealers, and Lakeshore RV was the lowest. Pan Pacific matched their price. This was back in November. My buddy bought a Cyclone 2812 from Lakeshore a couple of months ago. He was not able to get Pan Pacific to match Lakeshore's price. They were about $2000 more. I think I timed my purchase well as the market was dead. It has since started to pick up so the local dealers may not be as desparate. You will need to have a firm quote in hand in order to get Pan Pacific to try to deal. Good luck!

Steve

Howdy

Steve....you are right in what you say. The way it is right now is that you bring in a comparable hard copy quote from any dealer and they will match the price plus shipping cost. From what I recall its about $3500 from the mid west to CA. We have decided to get the 3010 and now its a matter of where we are going to get it from and how much are we willing to pay.