3055RL Operation help for new owner

RichPal

I recently purchased a 2009 Bighorn 3055RL and I'm still getting acquainted with the operation of it. Two questions, 1. I found 4 satellite hook ups at the docking center. Does it matter which one I use for my Tailgater hook up? I also found that I'm going to have to switch the TV cable from cable to satellite. 2. When detailing the trailer I noticed a label on the right side that said Spare Tire, WOW! Now how do I get it down there are no instructions to be found.

danemayer

Hi RichPal,

It does matter which UDC satellite connector you use. 2 go to the prewiring in the roof for a roof-mounted dish. 3rd goes to the bedroom and the 4th to the living room. It's not unheard of for labels to be missing or wrong, so you may have to try all 4 to find the right one. Get the satellite setup working with the dish connected directly to the receiver first. After it's working, you should be able to easily find the right connector.

I'm not sure what your comment meant about switching from TV to satellite. Usually you hook the living room satellite connection to the back of the satellite receiver. Then, depending on receiver and TV connectors you run HDMI, RCA phone A/V, or maybe COAX to the TV.

The spare tire probably is lowered with a crank that is likely mounted on the basement storage wall, or perhaps in the front storage compartment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Garypowell

Had a '09 3055 until October and I know you'll love it, traded it in on '13 3010RE. There are two cranks and one of them will work with rod under entertainment/desk slide and it will drop the spare down. I would recommend that you check the chain and mechanism as mine got so rusted I started to put the spare in the back of the truck. And also that I had 3 blowouts with that unit.

Please note.....check your tires!

MTPockets

I recently purchased a 2009 Bighorn 3055RL and I'm still getting acquainted with the operation of it. Two questions, 1. I found 4 satellite hook ups at the docking center. Does it matter which one I use for my Tailgater hook up? I also found that I'm going to have to switch the TV cable from cable to satellite. 2. When detailing the trailer I noticed a label on the right side that said Spare Tire, WOW! Now how do I get it down there are no instructions to be found.

Regarding spare - Is there a tire there now? ..... Either way, the label is the location where the crank is attached to a rod. Crank down the tire, or cable - there will be a steel plate that goes into the tire rim center hole while the tire lays on the ground. When you get it into the center, crank the tire up tight and you're done. Another post mentioned rust - I'll have to give mine a good dose of WD40 or some other rust inhibitor.. good to know. No problem with mine to date.

Westwind

Have fun, I've always considered the figuring out of all the parts and pieces part of the fun of getting personal with your new RV. It's always good to do what your doing and then camp with it close to home if you can. I've always done the opposite and don't recommend the stress of doing it that way.

RichPal

Now that I found the spare tire crank, I can't figure out how to lower the tire. It seems that the slotted crank is the same diameter as the lowering shaft with the two pins on it. They will not connect to lower the spare. I might be missing a piece that joins the two together. Anybody help me out?

RichPal

Thanks to HOC, I contacted Heartland Customer Service and for a minimal amount of money I was sent the correct tool. Wow was the one I had not even going to work. Thanks again to Heartland Customer Service and the HOC.