3110 does not fit in my garage,factory measurements are useless.

thirdtimeround

We picked up our new 3110 Cyclone toy hauler on Feb-25th. After many talks with the factory and dealer about the size of the 3110 it does not fit. The 3110 is realistically 40' 2'' from rear awning to the bulging front cap. I have a 40' garage which has an interior measurement of 39'2'' which according to Heartland reps and brochures this would have given me a few inches to spare. Am I upset ? you bet. I purchased a dually 3500 with the guidance of this forum to properly pull an 1800K rig. Had I known this I would have gotten a CY3100 and a 2500 series single rear wheel truck. So not only did I spend more money for a tow rig ,I spent more for a 5th wheel. I just got an estimate of $15k to modify my garage. Why the factory would have in their brochure it's 38'2'' to the pin ad not overall length's like I asked for and was repeatedly told the cap only sticks out past the pins a couple of inches so you're OK ! Totally disappointed. Mike

DocFather

I agree about the length published in the Heartland advertising and documentation, however, I never make expensive purchases without verifying the particulars myself. And that I learned decades ago from the exact same misfortune you have encountered here. Good luck with the solution.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry for your situation. I agree with DocFather, I would definitely want to take my own measurements if the tolerances were going to be anywhere close to my limit.

I just pulled this from the Factory webpage;

Note: "Overall Length defined as tow point (Ball coupler for travel trailers / King pin for 5th wheel trailers) to rear bumper. It does not include the rear ladder. Add 9" w/ Extended Pin Box"

My Bighorn front cap extends about 2 feet further to the front than the king pin on the hitch.

In the case of your rig, it shows 38'2" based on the model info. Add the 2' cap ahead of the pin and you are at 40'2".

Good luck and enjoy your new rig. Trace

Last edited:

jeffdee

Hmmm! Sorry for your dilemma. I too have a 2014 Cyclone 3110. It has been parked out in the yard this winter while I have been forming up a concrete foundation to erect an RV cover. The cover will be 50'x24' and will not have doors. I decided to add 10' so that the nose of the RV will be about 11' inside of the cover's entrance. I guess now the nose will be 9' inside instead. The entrance faces west. I did not realize he RV is 40' nose to tail. I will get out my tape tomorrow and verify the length.

Thanks for the info and congrats on your new RV. I know you will enjoy it. The wife and I thoroughly enjoy ours.

3/1 Update:
I measured my 3110 today, a little more than 40' is correct!

Last edited: