3160 water heater controls

SeattleLion

The controls for the water heater are labeled "110 Volt" and "12 Volt". Is the 12 Volt control really for the gas heating? I've never seen this combination.

JanAndBill

That's the way it is on our 3260. 12 volt switch is for the gas. Note there is a switch on the water heater also that controls the electric or gas function. Most of the time we run ours on electric.

SeattleLion

That's the way it is on our 3260. 12 volt switch is for the gas. Note there is a switch on the water heater also that controls the electric or gas function. Most of the time we run ours on electric.
I thought so. Thanks! I think the guide needs updating.

danemayer

FWIW here's a picture of the control panel in my Big Horn.
Thanks for posting the picture Mike. The control panels and switches, like many things, vary a lot from model to model and also evolve over time. I'll keep the picture and we may be able to incorporate it into the guide next time it gets revised.

SeattleLion

Thanks for posting the picture Mike. The control panels and switches, like many things, vary a lot from model to model and also evolve over time. I'll keep the picture and we may be able to incorporate it into the guide next time it gets revised.
Mike's is similar to ours. We have the distinction of getting a brand new model: 3160 Elite. We are waiting for the dealer to finish prep, not that there is any rush. We have a lot to learn. It's so new that the Heartland specs are not correct. We just learned we have 7,000 lb axles. It explains why this relatively small FW weighs as much as the bigger ones. We fell in love with it last week at the Seattle RV Show. Fortunately, Mike the Western regional sales manager was there and he spent an hour with us explaining all of the features. We are overwhelmed by how great everyone at Heartland has been and how warm this community is. We started RV'ing last year with a Dutchmen Kodiak travel trailer. It had endless problems and there is no sense of community. Thank you!