32BUDS Shopping

PeternLiane

Its not a package is the way Heartland builds the NT. We use a 2" wall instead a 1" or 1.5" wall, we have a lamanited 3.5" ceiling with block foam insulation and we have a 3" laminated floor with block foam insulation. We also laminate a 2" decking under your bed which is the ceiling of your outside storage area, this protect your bedroom from the elements. We also, enclose and heat the underbelly and the gate valves are enclosed as well...Other manufactures dont do all these things on there light weight units...You can't do more to protect the unit from freezing... And by the way heat pad on the tanks do nothing but keep the tank warm, if the pipes and elbows don't have hea pads, then the tank pads are a waste of money...Hope this all makes sense.
Mike

I like the extra insulation in the North Trail. I also like the quality. Only 7 more weeks till camping season starts too. I only have to do a couple of things to get it ready for the winter trips. Thank you Mike.

teamlkc

Hi again,
Someone mentioned RV Capital Wholesalers on this forum previously. I'm in serious negotiations with them and wanted feedback from anyone that has dealt with them. We're in Colorado and would drive out there, which could be a fun trip. They're going to have the 32BUDS Caliber built for us, making it brand new. Any thoughts? Maybe Mike Creech could chime in as well?
Thanks,
Kevin

PeternLiane

Hi again,
Someone mentioned RV Capital Wholesalers on this forum previously. I'm in serious negotiations with them and wanted feedback from anyone that has dealt with them. We're in Colorado and would drive out there, which could be a fun trip. They're going to have the 32BUDS Caliber built for us, making it brand new. Any thoughts? Maybe Mike Creech could chime in as well?
Thanks,
Kevin

Never heard about them till now. The one concern that I would have is warranty work. They sound like they have some great prices. Here are some links from the owners forum that talk about RV Capital Wholesalers. The posts are from a while back but may help.

//heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-6617.html
//heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-5082.html

CliffP

Kevin,
In a perfect world you'd have absolutely no worries. It might even be a great trip! I'd be concerned with having warranty work done in the event you need it. Your second trip might not be as great. We purchased the same camper which Heartland built for us from a local dealer. It has been back to Heartland for warranty work and we are extremely happy with Heartland and our local dealer. Stuff does happen and if you are lucky any issues can be taken care of by yourself or a local dealer. I would at least ask them which dealer in your area will take care of any warranty issues for you or if they will pay to have it shipped back in the event it needs to be. At any rate I hope you are as happy with your new 32 BUDS CE as we are. Good luck to you.
Cliff

teamlkc

All,

I can't thank you all enough for the advice. We signed the papers yesterday for our new 32BUDS Caliber Edition from RV America in Aurora, CO. The whole family is really excited for the new chapter in our camping adventures. We don't take delivery until mid-April, but the kids want to "visit" it tomorrow. Anyways, I have a new set of questions now.

With the new trailer (our first) I have to get the weight distribution and sway hitch. The dealer is going to sell us an Eaz Lift. Any thoughts or recommendations of products and/or prices? The brake controller is a Voyager. Same question. Finally, we're getting a tongue jack, they sell the Ultra 3,000 pound version. Thoughts?

Again, so excited to get started. April can't come soon enough.

Thanks,
Kevin

PeternLiane

All,

I can't thank you all enough for the advice. We signed the papers yesterday for our new 32BUDS Caliber Edition from RV America in Aurora, CO. The whole family is really excited for the new chapter in our camping adventures. We don't take delivery until mid-April, but the kids want to "visit" it tomorrow. Anyways, I have a new set of questions now.

With the new trailer (our first) I have to get the weight distribution and sway hitch. The dealer is going to sell us an Eaz Lift. Any thoughts or recommendations of products and/or prices? The brake controller is a Voyager. Same question. Finally, we're getting a tongue jack, they sell the Ultra 3,000 pound version. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin

Congratulations!!! You and your family are going to have many great trips.

I use something like the Eaz Lift Weight Distribution hitch and Sway control. The sway control is HIGHLY important. I've seen many accidents when only a Weight Distribution hitch is used without the sway control. Those people are idiots. The combination needs to be used. The prices run from 250 to 350. The combination is good and it works very well. There is a Hensley Combination Weight Distribution Sway Control hitch, its a great little hitch. However, it runs around 800 bucks. The Voyager brake control is good. Once I learned how it worked It worked great. There are many reviews in regards to the electric tongue jacks. The best reviews I've read are for the Barker VIP 3500 lbs 24' Electric Power Tongue Jack. They run about 275. I will be getting one this season. They are easy to install. Hope this helps.
[h=1][/h]

CliffP

All,

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
Congratulations on your new camper! Please post some pictures when you can. Our dealer sold us an Equal-i-zer brand weight distribution hitch with built in sway control. Is easy to hook up and rated at 1,000 lb / 10,000lbs. Dealer claims it is one of the best out there. Have a VIP 3500 lb tongue jack, not sure that makes a difference. The brake controller is a Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller from our last camper. It is the next step up but don't know it will work any better than the Voyager. Which interior color package did you get? Ours is Cafe Mocha. Delivery for ours will be late March (soon as it looks like the snow is gone), my wife has a site reserved for April! We can hardly wait and most likely be staying in it the first night it is home:D! Haven't even told the kids yet, keep telling them we might be camping in a tent this summer. Did you decide if you're going with the extended warranty?
Cliff

pegmikef

Kevin,

Congrats on your purchase!

I've got the Eaz-Lift WD Hitch. It is the one my dealer sold me for my Edge. Fortunately, he sold me the heaviest one they had (14,000 pounds) so I was able to use it with my heavier North Trail as well. They have a web site and you can read and down load the documentation for it. I have no experience with any of the others, but mine works great and truly controls the sway and bounce. It does assume a properly loaded trailer and proper installation. The correct ball height is critical to good performance. If you read the documentation you will see that the top of the ball should be about an eighth of an inch above the top of the ball cup for each 100 pounds of tongue weight rounded up. Also note that the documentation recommends greasing the ball and torsion bars. I didn't do this initially (didn't know I was supposed to) and it did make quite a difference (especially in hooking up).

I can't speak to the tongue jack as I, too, have the Barker VIP 3500. Mike

Oops, forgot the prices. My dealer gave me the hitch at "his cost" around 200 bucks and I bought the tongue jack of the internet also for around 200 bucks.

Last edited:

teamlkc

Thanks for all of the input. Cliff - we have the Cafe Mocha as well. I'll post pictures once we get her home. The kids have already names her "Callie Bear" in honor of Caliber. Too funny. Anyways, I seem to have taken a liking to the Equalizer as well. I might buy it and then have the dealer install prior to pick-up. Amazon has a good deal on the Prodigy for $100, so I think I'll get that one and install myself. Finally, I'm lost on the tongue jack. The Barker 3500 is a little more than I wanted to pay. There is a 3,000 Husky on Amazon as well. Seems to get decent reviews.

But today's big question is about generators. I have no clue what brand or how many watts is good enough. Anybody have one that you are happy with?

Can't wait to see some of you on the trail.

Thanks,
Kevin