3670 07

Rmcgrath53

WE are thinking of upgrade on the Sundance to a Big horn or
Augusta .We located a 3670 used 07 and went and looked at it.
First thing I noticed was the slideout at kitchen must of ben out of wack, for the floor tile was all broke up. I am a retired carpenter and then walked over and saw the floor look like it was ramped as tho the weight of the slide had caused the plywood be dipped at the edge. Then I looked around and found that there was ice under the carpet at the dinning slide. I looked further and noticed the carpet down the edge of the wall and floor looked discoloured as tho it was wet also . This unit had no slide toppers. Then I went into the bedroom bath and opened the shower door and the whole shower was caulked very badly and looked a mess. Then I went outside and all the slide out, but one,. had plywood that was seperating and warping on the bottom. There was lots of trim falling inside. The door for the bath was all wacked out with a shoemaker shim to keep the door closed. The fashia on the dinning slide was all scratched up. WAs very disapointed at how it has held up for a 3 year old unit.I think the previos owner had full timed in cold weather which would account for the condensation damage or rot on the bottom of the slides. So the search goes on.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bummer - sounds like the previous owner also hadn't kept up with preventative maintenance OR it has been sitting for awhile with the slides out, or worse yet (I've seen this), the slides partially out.

lwmcguir

Regarding the de-lamination of the bottoms of the slide outs, it is from the side wall not extending down far enough for the water to run off. This QA issue has been addressed and should now be fixed. It happens when it rains and the water flows towards the floor instead of off the trim that is now attached there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Regarding the de-lamination of the bottoms of the slide outs, it is from the side wall not extending down far enough for the water to run off. This QA issue has been addressed and should now be fixed. It happens when it rains and the water flows towards the floor instead of off the trim that is now attached there.
We have an 07 and ours has trim on the lower slide side walls. I don't know how the build dates compare but we have been full time a bit over 3 years and have no issues with de-lamination or rotting of anything on our rig. Summers in rainy WI and 3 winters in Humid Corpus Christi. Now we're in DRY So. Cal. That rig sounds like it was used and abused.

Tom of Ypsi

Where in Michigan was this BH located. I see you are from Howell and that is not that far from Milan where there use to be a BH owner that had some troubles. I think most of the problems with his BH were caused from him and this may be the same one. In any event I would not buy this particular coach.

boatdoc

Hey Rm, I don't know what you're looking for, new or used but Stalcup RV in Wy had a holdover 09' 3670 that had ALL the bells and whistles a couple of weeks ago. Dang good price also, I'm saying dang good. You might look into it. I was hoping our good friends were ready for theirs but they're not.
Good luck in your search

Lance & Jo

Sorry to hear about the 07 but don't give up hope yet. Jo and I found a nice 08 model last month and it's now sitting in my son's lot in SE Texas just waiting for us to move aboard.

jbeletti

Where in Michigan was this BH located. I see you are from Howell and that is not that far from Milan where there use to be a BH owner that had some troubles. I think most of the problems with his BH were caused from him and this may be the same one. In any event I would not buy this particular coach.

That was an '06 BH 3055 Tom. :)

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
That particular rig must not have had any care at all. Some people are like that I suppose. Even tho ours is an 08 model, we bought it in the fall of 07 and you'd be hard pressed to tell it wasn't a new unit, except for the style changes. It sits outside, no cover and is used a lot. Inside and outside still looks new. We're very pleased by the way ours has held up and especially glad of the gel-coat exterior. Much easier to maintain in our opinion.
Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find one someone has loved. :)

Rmcgrath53

This unit was at General RV in brownstown. I later that day went to the wixom General RV and they told me all the tradeins at the brownstown General rv are always units in tough shape to re sell.

lwmcguir

We have an 07 and ours has trim on the lower slide side walls. I don't know how the build dates compare but we have been full time a bit over 3 years and have no issues with de-lamination or rotting of anything on our rig. Summers in rainy WI and 3 winters in Humid Corpus Christi. Now we're in DRY So. Cal. That rig sounds like it was used and abused.

Consider yourselves lucky. We had to add the trim. Somewhere along the way they forgot to install it as happened to the other posters in the forum. The water simply comes down the side and hits the uncovered portion of the floor and enters the plywood. Ours came from the factory that way in 2009. It was delaminating and was never used at all.