3690SL slide topper problem

Mike-n-Justina

We are having slide toppers put on our Big Country 3690SL at Camping World in Akron Ohio. Does anyone with a 3690SL have pic of slide topper on the front slide beside entry door? Camping World installed ours but it hangs over more on the end near the rear of camper than it does on the end close to entry door. They said they had to do it that way because of awning being so close. I think they should have ordered a smaller one. Our last fifth wheel was set up same way and toppers did not have to be off center.

jnbhobe

Slide out awnings are made in increments of about 6 inches or so. I guess it would be understandable to have to off set it some. I just checked, they are made in 6in increments.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what brand slide awning they put on, there may be some side to side adjustment.
On mine there is. The roller end may have some side to side adjustment by loosening a couple of screws that hold the awning roller in place. The coach end may have some adjustment by removing a couple of small screws and then sliding the awning material sideways in the mounting track.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our slide toppers were installed by the factory which are pretty centered.
BigMeadows 4-'12.jpg

Mike-n-Justina

Jon,
Thanks for the info. We are just gonna have to look at it again. It is still in Akron waiting on a warranty part and we live about 2 1/2 hours from Akron. Just might have to make a trip this weekend to have another look.

Mike-n-Justina

Dave & Mary,
We had them install the Dometic deluxe toppers. We have the gold edition so we had them install black toppers. Our awning is all black so they will match. We hope the black doesn't attract to much heat.