4 point level up with front landing gear

Boozecamp

I was thinking about installing electric ground control level up jacks on my 2014 Bighorn 3570. 2 points just in front of wheels and two near the rear, but was wandering, would I have a problem with set up? The process of set up as I understand it: while still hooked up to TV, let the 4 point ground control level up, then set the front hydrualic landing gear down to disconnect from TV, but that would put a lot of pressure on the rear 2 points. Everytime I think of another method for set up, I find a potential stress point on frame $%*!, since the two systems would work independent of each other. Any thoughts how the separate 4 point system would work with the front landing grear without creating undue stress somewhere in the frame?

dbbls59

Don't know about the Ground Control System but with the 6 point Lippert system one must unhook and move the truck away before leveling. I don't see how you could level with it still hitch up but maybe the electric ground control is different.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With the original 4-jack Ground Control, I first raise the front jacks to disconnect and the drop them to level fore-aft. Then drop the rear two and adjust side-to-side level, using the front & rear jacks on the low side. When done, I drop the OEM rear stabilizers and snug them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boozecamp

With the original 4-jack Ground Control, I first raise the front jacks to disconnect and the drop them to level fore-aft. Then drop the rear two and adjust side-to-side level, using the front & rear jacks on the low side. When done, I drop the OEM rear stabilizers and snug them.

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I want to install 4 electric ground control level up jacks. 2 in the rear and 2 just in front of the wheels - midway. I will have the hydraulic landing gear up front also. So, if I lower the landing gear to unhook from TV, pull the truck away, then hit the auto level up on the 4 points in the back, what will happen to the front landing gear? Will it twist the frame or will the hydraulic landing float to level? Shifting fluid from one leg to the other? Remember, all 6 points are not linked together. The 4 in the back are independent of the 2 up front.

jnbhobe

Do the electric jacks have an auto level ?? I thought they were individually controled. Yes the front jacks will level them selves left to right.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ground Control is not meant to be used as you are suggesting. Btw, the two front jacks could not be installed where you are suggesting.

Wmnmy

I have the ground control system they replace the two front landing gears and put the other two behind last set of wheels and it will lift tires off the ground so you can change tires adjust breaks ect.... you will like it......