4100 cyclone between trips

I was just looking to see what other campers do between there camping trips. I'm able to keep my camper at home when not on the road but is it best when home to keep it plugged in and to have the slides out or do most of you keep it closed up as when in route to a camp site, just curious to see what others do ? I've been leaving it set up plugged in and the slides out .

avvidclif

Mine is always plugged in. It's my man-cave, spare bedroom, and has the beer storage container. Normally I don't hook up water but can if needed.

bighorn3370

I keep it plugged in, slides out, fridge on in the summer. For winter slides in, unplugged, fridge is off. I have been doing it for eight years. It has worked for me.

scottyb

I kept my 4100 and now current RV with slides in, fridge on, and AC on 82-84. When you live in a warm humid climate, it is too hard on everything w/o minimal climate control. I wouldn't leave everything turned off on my house for weeks or months at a time either.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We leave our slides open and the AC set on 80 and the ceiling fan on. But then again we have the luxury of parking the RV in the driveway next to the house.

Garypowell

We button ours up for about 2 months between trips. I visit every week or two, sometimes move the rooms out to suck in fresh air. Even the battery lasts for two months...of course I shut it off between visits.

The he unit is stored mid-Florida about 5 miles from Atlantic.

No problems.

jeffdee

Under a cover, plugged in, slides in. Camping trip scheduled at least once per month. 2 days before camping trip, open slides, turn on refrigerator, run each ac briefly, load golf cart.

justafordguy

We leave our Gateway plugged in, slides out, and A/C running to keep it dry in there. Here in Florida during the summer the mold is awful without the A/C running.

2TrakR

Plugged into 15A outlet, both fridges on, slides out.

I would leave the slides in, if we could get to everything that way. Our last motorhome had just one slide and you could get to everything important with it in, so it would stay in when at home. I feel like there is less chance for damage/wear/tear with the slides in, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case.