4100 King - Sofa Sections

pcardoza

Hi All,

My DW is begging me to remove a couple of the sofa sections in our 4100 (2014), so she can set up a more comfortable seating arrangement for watching TV.

Has anyone removed any of the sections (non-reclining sections)? Is everything finished under and behind the sofa, or is it just roughed in?

Thanks for sharing any experiences.

PC

pharmafrog

Looks like no one took this on. I tried to remove one, but could not. I unhooked them from each other and thought it was free, but could not get it to slide out. That being said, I did not try really hard nor did I have my full tools with me. I was trying to move the "Stab you in the ***" controls for the electric chairs. I seriously thought I was going to the hospital with a switch stuck in my rump when I plopped down on the longer of the couch pieces. Tears were streaming down my face as I writhed in pain. But, back to the story.

I think I could tell it was carpeted back there and somewhat finished. Even if it is not, a quick trip to HomeyD and you should be able to trim anything out. There may be some exposed wiring as well because you have all of the feeds for the sockets and surround sound coming up through the back of that slide. Just my .02 good luck.