4100 living room update

Mizmary

After a year we decided we wanted a dining table. So our couch shrunk.

vudegeny.jpg

We bought this table to go in the end. We may change the couch seating completely soon. And the shades will be changing soon as well.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20104718/ I only wish the table came in a darker color. But I can paint or re-stain later. :).

Finished room.
7y4aguza.jpg

scottyb

After a year we decided we wanted a dining table. So our couch shrunk.

vudegeny.jpg

We bought this table to go in the end. We may change the couch seating completely soon. And the shades will be changing soon as well.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20104718/ I only wish the table came in a darker color. But I can paint or re-stain later. :).

Finished room.
7y4aguza.jpg

That is what I am thinking too. Possibly a pair of theatre chairs and a dinette and the shades have to go.

Mizmary

The shades are next. Two of them are already broken. The factory installed the bottom grommets at such an angle that the strings shred each time they go up and down. I believe they are supposed to be positioned directly below the bottom of the blinds - not at a 30° angle towards the center of the blinds.

The table that we chose from ikea will lower down to about a foot wide. Both ends are leaves. So it combines for storage of other things like stools during travel.

The couch will be going too eventually. This is a temporary fix. We had to use a Dremel to cut the 1" steel tubing that the furniture is attached to, attached the tubing to the floor in a different space, then used heavy duty "L" brackets to attach the arm to the floor.

Eventually I think there will be a small love seat that will go in where the couch is and when we are parked it will turn 90° to face the TV. But this works for now. And it will work much better for a family of four living in it and home schooling out of it as well. It's tight but no less tight than many other models I've seen that came with a dinette and couch in the same spot.

FYI - if you want this same table from ikea you have to get it now. They are discontinuing it. It will fit fully extended without hitting the counter in that spot.

Mizmary

New blinds are in and valances are removed. Now I need to make some new valances.
ryqa8evu.jpg

You can see the table has both leafs dropped in this photo too.

Mizmary

I love them! It has only been a day, but I feel like I have more viewing space because I don't have to worry about that 78" day/night shade breaking every time it goes up and down, and I can see out the entire window. (We almost never opened the big window past the half way point.

I will post a better pic of the room when I find the right valance fabric. That will take a lot longer than picking blinds. My plan I think is to use heavy duty Velcro to attach fabric to the ceiling for a valance that can be changed without too much effort.

We did end up installing a header board to install all of the blinds on the long wall so they all line up perfectly. They are stock blinds from Home Depot.

One thing we noticed is that the windows on the end are not in straight!

Here is a better picture of them all completed.
dy9ababy.jpg

Last edited: