4100 prospective buyer

scottyb

Re: Double towing question

My F350 CC and 4100 is 61' bumper to bumper. About 1/2 of the state's have a 65' max legth. Whether it is enforced is another story.

DiverB

True and I started looking at the smaller models so I wouldn't become over length, but I really like the 4100. I like the half bath for when I'm tailgating at college football games and for when I'm at the lake with students who need to use the bathroom. On the weekends I teach SCUBA and I like the toy haulers for being able to haul tanks and gear, ect. Once I retire I plan on living in it for the winter months in Florida and working at a dive shop, then returning to my home in Michigan for the summer. I think the 4100 will fit my needs nicely.

Miltp920

Diver, did you see that DOC just posted that he needs to sell his 2014. 4100? His info is in this thread.

DiverB

I sent Doc a message, however I am currently in Afghanistan until Sept, so I cant help him. I've been doing my research on the Cyclones since I've been gone so when I return I'll know exactly what to buy and to look out for.

remoandiris

With your CDL license, you can pull a double anywhere.

This is NOT true. In Fla, it is illegal to double tow (some people call it triple tow) behind an RV. Yes, people do it and don't get stopped/caught, but that does not make it legal.

DiverB

I have a double ski trailer with a tool box on the front of the trailer making the trailer 14' from hitch to rear. Just a tad to long for the 4100.

scottyb

I have looked into this as well. Can you modify your trailer to have a removable tongue and make it fit? Possibly a completely modified trailer just for the toy hauler. Looks like you have a knack for modifying things. :cool:

Of course you may already have your garage full with a side-by-side or something.

When there is a will there is a way. Two rescue boats, a salvage barge, two mayday boats (john boats), two wave runners, and a whole lot of equipment.

IMG_0776.jpg

alex00

We went through this exact same exercise today at the RV show. My buddy is looking for a toy hauler that he can fit a boat inside.

Scotty, I would love to see video of them loading that trailer. I am fascinated by unusual load-outs like that. It looks like it takes longer to load than to drive to the next race.

scottyb

We went through this exact same exercise today at the RV show. My buddy is looking for a toy hauler that he can fit a boat inside.

Scotty, I would love to see video of them loading that trailer. I am fascinated by unusual load-outs like that. It looks like it takes longer to load than to drive to the next race.

I think it took about a day and a half the 1st time. They loaded and unloaded it about 4 times, changing things, until they got it like they wanted it. I think they do it in a couple hours now, going into the 5th season with this setup.

I think your friends will have to look more toward a car hauler with living quarters to haul a boat, unless it's a very small boat. There are many of these at the races. They also use dolly trailers with narrower axles like these.

IMG_0763.jpg

porthole

Retired
Has anyone remounted the TV so it can swivel? Also, no issues with a draft or leaky bedroom slide? I measured my Harley Electra Glide and it should fit in the garage in theory, it fits in my 07 Gear box, but its tight. Are the tie downs in the garage close enough to anchor a bike of my size? Any of you all using a CONDOR wheel chock for your HOG's in the garage? I think what has me sold the most on the Cyclone model is actually this forum, being able to search and talk with actual owners. I like the Voltage TH also, but there's not much information out there for warranty or owners groups on the Voltage like there is with the Cyclone site. Thanks for any and all replies...

My trailer came with swivels for the bedroom and main TV. But, I moved both of them to better fit our needs. Also added one in the garage. So they are are doable solution for most. But, some of the newer Cyclones have 50" TV's. Not sure about mounting those on an arm.

I use 1 or 2 Condor's as needed. Not bolted down, don't really need to be. I started out with Bike Pros, bought one Condor to try and then got another. When I first got the Condor I had it bolted down to the "trailer plate". I have since removed that and let them "free stand".

For me, I felt the factory tie downs were inadequate for our needs. So I have ATB (aluminum aircraft tracks, beveled and un-beveled) down both sides, the middle and side to side in the front and at the tailgate. These are readily available on many motorcycle supply sites. Don't care for the steel "E-Track".

I mounted the center track about 4" or so off center so that we can tie down the golf cart as needed.

I have at least as much if not more tied up on my CVO Electric Glide then the Cyclone, so no harbor fright junk securing my toys.

I wouldn't get hung up on exactly how the couch-chairs etc are laid out and what they can and cannot store. The odds are really good that will change before you order anything. And the odds are good it could change after you order.

MOCpl6770

I haul our Roadglide using the Biker Bar system. It works great. I still add a few straps even though I know it never moves. I am just a bit paranoid about the bike touching the wall if I hit a curb on accident. The wifes golf cart fits next to it since I am able to get closer to the wall than if I were only using straps. My daughters Sportster takes that spot with straps when we go on a riding campout. The stock D-Rings are still going strong with that light load. The bedroom slide has no drafts, but when it's below freezing the bedrooms windows radiate a bit of cold air. We drape a towel over them when it dips that low.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry that I had to edit your post.
Holman RV seems to have a pretty good reputation.
Have you compared pricing at some of the other large online retailers?
If you have and you like what you can get at Holman's, go for it.

Peace
Dave