4200 fresh water tank overflow

Power-Stroke

After searching and reading several post, I still have a question. Are there multiple overflow hoses on the fresh water tank? Per my water flow meter, I filled the tank with 98 gallons before water started dripping from the door side. I was anticipating water coming from one of the two white overflow hoses on the off door side. I pushed up on the chloroplast in multiple locations and did not feel (or hear) standing water.

Should I be concerned?

Appreciate any feedback.

Jay

danemayer

From the partial builds I've seen in the factory, you may have two overflows. But if the trailer isn't perfectly level (or perhaps the tank isn't), you'd get overflow primarily from the low side.

Power-Stroke

Thanks Dan. I was hoping it was an overflow. Question... should I be worried about insulation (or some other) damage from the overflow?

Thanks,
Jay

danemayer

Thanks Dan. I was hoping it was an overflow. Question... should I be worried about insulation (or some other) damage from the overflow?

Thanks,
Jay

The overflows are normally outside the frame. If you have one tucked up inside the frame you could get wet insulation. If this is the case and your RV has batting for insulation, it'll get wet. But if you drive through heavy rain, it'll probably get wet from road water getting kicked up.

Some rigs just have radiant foil as insulation in the underbelly.

A lot of people put 1/4" holes in the coroplast to allow drainage. If you do that, be careful you just barely go through the coroplast, so as to not hit anything else.

BLHFUN

On mine, I have two overflows. 1 is located on the driver side just above the black and grey tank drain valves. The second one is located just in front of the front steps on the passenger side. Mine was not cut through the bottom and was overflowing into the belly. If you can't see the two hoses by the steps, they forgot to cut the underbelly and extend your overflows. I've heard of several of the 420 RW's and 4200's where they had the same problem.

Hope this helps!

Power-Stroke

Dan/Bart-
Appreciate the feedback. Bart, to your point, I do not see any hoses by the steps. In fact, the water overflow was flowing behind the steps. Assuming I have the issue you referenced, what can I do to fix?
Thanks,
Jay

BLHFUN

Dan/Bart-
Appreciate the feedback. Bart, to your point, I do not see any hoses by the steps. In fact, the water overflow was flowing behind the steps. Assuming I have the issue you referenced, what can I do to fix?
Thanks,
Jay

Jay, I had the dealer fix the issue, So I'm not sure of the Steps to get to the tank drains. - I do know that they cut a 6 inch Hole in the Metal under Skirting and extended the Lines through that hole. I would assume if you can remove that Skirting and possibly the steps, you should be able to see the drains and correct the problem. - Anytime you can do It yourself, It will be done much cleaner and better than any Dealer. It's literally 1 inch to the LEFT ( REAR ) of the Front Steps as you are looking at the unit.

for mine, It looks like a 5 year old cut the hole with a butter knife. - :(

Hope this helps.

Power-Stroke

Thanks Bart. I'm in Navarre, Fl right now (not sure the a/c's have stopped running since getting here Tuesday!) I'll add this to my "to do" list when I get back. Appreciate your help.
Jay

BLHFUN

Thanks Bart. I'm in Navarre, Fl right now (not sure the a/c's have stopped running since getting here Tuesday!) I'll add this to my "to do" list when I get back. Appreciate your help.
Jay

Ok Jay, it might not be that difficult. I just picked mine up and looked a little closer. Looks like all you have to do is cut the hole in the bottom just to the left of the steps. The tech told me that all he had to do is extend the lines, so I snapped a few pictures. Two elbows and about 2x 12 inch lines and you're golden. See if these pictures helpimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg. I think the guy that cut the hole had been drinking.... Or something. Lol

Power-Stroke

Bart-

Wow! You are very generous with your time. Thanks for the pics; I really appreciate you taking the time to send this.

I believe I can come up with something based off your pics.

Jay

BLHFUN

Bart-

Wow! You are very generous with your time. Thanks for the pics; I really appreciate you taking the time to send this.

I believe I can come up with something based off your pics.

Jay

That's what I love about this website - Most everyone has been through these issues before and can be a bunch of help. I don't do anything without checking the search function here first. Glad I could help.

Amsurf

Wow, I'm having the same problem on my 2015 4000. At first I thought I blew the fresh water tank filling it up. Glad to know it's a simple matter of dropping the drain lines through the bottom skirting However, I really hope I don't have to cut that big of a hole to get to the drain lines. I feel bad they did such a poor job on your rig!

BLHFUN

Wow, I'm having the same problem on my 2015 4000. At first I thought I blew the fresh water tank filling it up. Glad to know it's a simple matter of dropping the drain lines through the bottom skirting However, I really hope I don't have to cut that big of a hole to get to the drain lines. I feel bad they did such a poor job on your rig!

Glad the pictures helped. And yes, much smaller and less butchered hole is the goal. 😀