4200 patio questions

denviola

Very interested in purchasing a Cyclone 4200.
What is the weight capacity of the rear ramp door/patio and also the side patio?
Thanks!

danemayer

Hi denviola,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The factory monitors this area of the forum, but may not see every post. If you don't get a response by tomorrow, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Let them know you're looking at buying a Cyclone and that you have some questions for the A.J. or someone on his team.

Miketnsa1

My Salesman at Holman told me it was 3,000lbs, I assume it will handle my 1,800lb Smart Car with ease! If not I'll report back after I take delivery next week

BLHFUN

Side Patio is 10 people or 1500 pounds per the sticker. Which is 900 pounds over the limit in my opinion. We put two chairs and a small fold up table 4 Chairs would be cramped. Plus, The center flexes and has the potential of creasing the paint on the bottom or outside wall. The back patio is 2500 pounds in the patio position. 3000 in the down position.

hope this helps!

Miketnsa1

Just picked up our new 4200 and both ramps are extremely strong! Today I just rolled an 1800lb Smart Car plus me at 320lbs in the garage and I heard no popping or cracking sounds from the ramp...The side ramp is very strong as well and you'll never reach it's limits as four people is about all that can fit comfortably on the patio at one time...We use 2 full reclining chairs on the side patio and it's very spacious...I can't wait till the general public finds out about the 4200 as I've spent the majority of my time on the side patio answering questions from people who walk over...lots of pictures as well

denviola

Thanks to all for the replies. Actually saw one last weekend as well. We both like it and it will potentially be a future purchase.

Miketnsa1

After spending the last 4 days on both patios of the 4200 in the South Texas Heat, I have discovered another great reason for the 2nd patio...To get away from a setting sun that the awnings can protect you from! And the BEST part for me as I just discovered as a very early riser...I can watch TV on the side patio without disturbing anyone sleeping in the Master or the garage area....I also recommend the 4 Seasons doors for the rear patio...After watching a tremendous fireworks show in 4 comfortable chairs off the back patio with 3 other family members...we then watched a movie playing in the garage while sitting on the back patio...the sound passes through the plastic 4 Seasons covering almost as it wasn't even there...

kinneyk

We love our 2015 Cyclone 4200. The side patio is really nice although we have experienced some serious warping on both patios. We put them up in the rain and have not overloaded them. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with theirs and what they did to rectify the issues. We have only owned it for 2 months.

jimtoo

We love our 2015 Cyclone 4200. The side patio is really nice although we have experienced some serious warping on both patios. We put them up in the rain and have not overloaded them. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with theirs and what they did to rectify the issues. We have only owned it for 2 months.

Hi kinneyk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have not heard of anyone complaining about the patios warping. You might take some pictures and have your VIN and Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032.

Let us know what happens and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

BLHFUN

Unfortunately, the doors are an issue. Full body paint compounds the issue with multiple lines that have to match. Take pictures and videos and call your heartland Rep. They will get you fixed up.