4200 rear bathroom drain

Power-Stroke

Just came back from my 3rd trip with the 4200 and we are really enjoying it. The garage is essentially my daughter's apartment.... she really likes having her own bathroom. Question for you folks that have a 4200.... does your garage toilet and shower drain easily? Our toilet/shower does not drain fully. The shower "gurgles" and does not keep up with the flow of water and when flushing the toilet, the "stuff" doesn't seem to flow freely to the black tank (just kind of sits in the pipe). The resulting smell is funky.

Heartland (factory) is telling me that I'm the only case of this happening. Heartland is working with my dealer to come up with a solution.

What's your experience?

Thanks,
Jay

Jim-Lynn

Jay; The 4200 is or should I say could be confusing. You have 4 holding tanks - 2 blank & 2 grey. The ONLY thing that empties from the rear sewer hose is the garage BLACK - that is it. The garage grey empties through the front grey line. If you hook up your front sewer line, you can dump the front BLACK and Grey. If you close the two front dumps, leave you sewer line hooked up, NOW dump your garage grey from the rear grey valve & it come out the front. Remember the kitchen sink drains to the garage grey as well as the garage shower & sink.

Sounds confusing.. If you need anything just say so.

Jim

Power-Stroke

Jim-
I have a different experience.... if I understood your explanation. My kitchen and rear shower/sink share the rear grey tank (grey tank 2 on the control panel). When I dump grey tank 2, it drains from the rear sewer hose - So does the rear black tank (separate gate handles). My front grey and black drain from the front sewer hose (again separate gate handles). Does this make sense?

Regarding your rear toilet/shower..... do they drain freely?

Thanks,
Jay

Jim-Lynn

Jay, here is how mine works.
I have 2 valves at the front, they are left & right. The right valve, toward the rear of the trailer is the front black. The left valve, toward the front of trailer is the front grey, bathroom sink, tub & our wash machine. The rear valves are up
& down. The top valve is the kitchen sink, rear shower & rear sink, grey. The bottom valve is rear toilet only.
Now comes the confusing thing, the front two valves and the rear top valve ( grey) all dump through the front sewer hose.
If you never use the garage toilet, you will never need the rear drain.
Now Jay, that is how mine is set up. The rear sink and shower do drain very slow into the holding tank. I originally thought the tub was jammed cause it was so slow. The grey tank 2 on control panel is my garage grey, garage black is beside the sink in garage. I hope this make some sense to you. Let me know how you make out.
Jim

Power-Stroke

Jim-
I'm with you now. I think the only difference in our 4200s is my rear grey tank drains out the rear sewer hose.
I appreciate you sharing your rear sink and shower drain experience. How does the toilet drain?
Jay

BLHFUN

Jay, here is how mine works.
I have 2 valves at the front, they are left & right. The right valve, toward the rear of the trailer is the front black. The left valve, toward the front of trailer is the front grey, bathroom sink, tub & our wash machine. The rear valves are up
& down. The top valve is the kitchen sink, rear shower & rear sink, grey. The bottom valve is rear toilet only.
Now comes the confusing thing, the front two valves and the rear top valve ( grey) all dump through the front sewer hose.
If you never use the garage toilet, you will never need the rear drain.
Now Jay, that is how mine is set up. The rear sink and shower do drain very slow into the holding tank. I originally thought the tub was jammed cause it was so slow. The grey tank 2 on control panel is my garage grey, garage black is beside the sink in garage. I hope this make some sense to you. Let me know how you make out.
Jim

Mine is the same as Jim's. Both 15's.

Jim-Lynn

Jim-
I'm with you now. I think the only difference in our 4200s is my rear grey tank drains out the rear sewer hose.
I appreciate you sharing your rear sink and shower drain experience. How does the toilet drain?
Jay
Jay, the garage toilet drains ok, no way near as slow as the garage grey. We just got used to & all is good. f your ear grey drains from the rear, THAT is better than mine, imagine trying to rinse the back hose & you have no grey, pain in butt....
Jim

jam20ster

I have a 2016 and my Grey #2 (kitcen sink/rear shower/rear sink) which is located in the rear also drains from the rear. Maybe this was changed in the 2016 model. Kind of an odd change though.

Jim-Lynn

I have a 2016 and my Grey #2 (kitcen sink/rear shower/rear sink) which is located in the rear also drains from the rear. Maybe this was changed in the 2016 model. Kind of an odd change though.
That would be a great change, because after draining the garage black, you can drain your kitchen sink/rear shower & sink to clean out hose. My black garage is the only thing coming out the rear hose & a PAIN to rinse out.
Jim

OEFVET

Mine is a late 2015 and my tank valves are configured in this way. The change must have been made in late 2015.