4X4 vs 4X2 Dually

B

BouseBill

Had a 4x4, went to a 4X2........Went back to a 4x4.......would NEVER GO BACK TO A 4x2.....Got stuck too many times with the 4X2...EM+barrass-ing to have to be pulled out of the slightest little slick spot with the 4X2:(

Birchwood

We are canadian but never in snow so we went with a 2 wheel drive mainly because we got a deal on a used.Been seven years and stayed out of situations where we needed a 4 x 4.Have had a 4 wheel drive all my life but in the south its not a priority and I do know how to stay out of trouble.

rxbristol

I've been using a Ford 350 4x2 while pulling heavy 5th wheels for four years and our C-Class and A-Class did not have four wheel drive. We try to stay out of situations that would require more drive wheels, but last year, while backing into a spot, my 16K fiver sank 6 inches into the clay soil and my truck wheels were on wet grass. I was fortunate that my 4x2 pulled the trailer out without any problems.

Bohemian

One dark wet niht we went to a local restraunt. When we left and it was raining. We drove across this wet dirt parking lot and the right front wheel went into a deep puddle hole. I tried to back out and the wheels were slipping. I put it into 4wd and the wheels still slipped. I put it into 4wd low and backed out with absolutely no drama. Easy as ue.

Yes, I could have gotten out with rocking and a little drama, but why?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
While at an Escapade at the Fairgrounds in Sedalia MO it rained hard a day before the rally was over. There was over 100 rigs that got stuck. We bought a sheet of plywood, had it split down the middle and put it down for a 'road' to drive out to the hardtop. We almost made it but our 2wd Ford F350 SRW truck sank about 3 feet from the road (no plywood). A guy in a Ford 4wd truck pulled us right out. Not long after that we bought our 4wd Ford dually. We have pulled several others out when they were stuck since that time and love the FX4 Ford dually.

jetmech36

I really appreciate all of the replies, I believe that I will just go ahead and look for a 4X4 given all the "Perks" that come with it at little extra expense to drive one daily.

Gtoli

I really appreciate all of the replies, I believe that I will just go ahead and look for a 4X4 given all the "Perks" that come with it at little extra expense to drive one daily.

Like others have written, it's good insurance. I've used mine to get in and out of undeveloped camp spots in the local forest.

carl.swoyer

4x4 a must for your towing. Never know when you are going to be in a situation where you want it. I used it several times.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk