50 amp Electric Power Cord Reel (LM Key Largo)

My motor works fine and the clutch seems to work fine too.
The motor shaft and sprocket seem to be very solid with no movement so the adjustment will have to be to the spool shaft.
Can I do that without removing the whole assembly and how? Where is that magical clip?

The chain on mine keeps coming off even after realigning the motor. I took out the three nylon spacers from under the motor mounts and replaced them by stacks of washers to perfectly line both sprockets up. Unfortunately the reel sprocket design and manufacturing is so poor that all of this work was for nothing since there is too much slop in that sprocket Causing the chain to come of at a slightest resistance.
I have decided to replace the whole thing by a Glendinning system with an external switch.

jbeletti

The chain on mine keeps coming off even after realigning the motor. I took out the three nylon spacers from under the motor mounts and replaced them by stacks of washers to perfectly line both sprockets up. Unfortunately the reel sprocket design and manufacturing is so poor that all of this work was for nothing since there is too much slop in that sprocket Causing the chain to come of at a slightest resistance.
I have decided to replace the whole thing by a Glendinning system with an external switch.

Never heard of Glendinning but glad I have now. Assume you're getting this one and will remote the switch as mentioned? The retail price is at $569 on sale is very attractive.
1117651644.jpg

Last edited:
The picture you attached is for the storage compartment and has the switch on it. The one that mounts to the frame with the exterior switch is the one I am ordering. It has the very flexible cord which should take more tension off and wind around the reel better.
When you add cart you have the choice of the internal or external switch.
I need to look for cheaper shipping that the manufacturer offers though.
https://www.glendinningprods.com/store/RV-Cablemaster-Model-CRR50LP-Low-Profile-Style-p115023138

jbeletti

The picture you attached is for the storage compartment and has the switch on it. The one that mounts to the frame with the exterior switch is the one I am ordering. It has the very flexible cord which should take more tension off and wind around the reel better.
When you add cart you have the choice of the internal or external switch.
I need to look for cheaper shipping that the manufacturer offers though.
https://www.glendinningprods.com/store/RV-Cablemaster-Model-CRR50LP-Low-Profile-Style-p115023138

Thanks - I updated the image in my post.

Probably the chain.

Do not need to remove reel to get to chain.
1. Remove plastic end cap to the left of reel inside j-wrap
2. Remove nuts from studs around a cover over the sprocket/chain assembly
3. Remove cover and inspect

If the chain has come off, there's a reason. Simply putting it back on may not be a long term solution. Look at shaft projection and sprocket alignment (to each other - there's 2 of them).
those 5 pins fell out of mine. they have an retrofit kit for them if you have a shore power brand