50 AMP RV Electrical Service Discussion

jbeletti

Don't do that! The mental picture of Jim B. in a tutu and ballerina shoes is just too much. I think I'm gonna wash my brain out with soap.:p

Yeah - that image cannot be washed out :) My pink robe and slippers at the 2012 NE Regional rally is as far as I think I'll go :)

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Re: Lemon Road Warrior 415 I want a refund!!!

My better half is a retired electrical engineer...worked for Hughes Aircraft/Ratheon Systems for 34 years...I've been going over this thread with him...he's had to explain with drawings :)...anyway, the bottom line would be "if you don't know what you are doing don't mess with the 110volt circuits in your home/RV..."

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My better half is a retired electrical engineer...worked for Hughes Aircraft/Ratheon Systems for 34 years...I've been going over this thread with him...he's had to explain with drawings :)...anyway, the bottom line would be "if you don't know what you are doing don't mess with the 110volt circuits in your home/RV..."

Hey, even the pros don't always know. Hired electrician to add 30amp plug in our garage, but we didn't have our surge protector at that time. Fridge, micro and converter had to be replaced. X{

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Some of those high dollar motor homes have 100 amp service too. That is why some exclusive Motor Home only RV parks have 100 amp service.

wdk450

Some of those high dollar motor homes have 100 amp service too. That is why some exclusive Motor Home only RV parks have 100 amp service.

Would that be 2 - 100 amp legs similar to the 2 - 50 amp legs in the 50 amp RV service???

Zoomzoommo

Is there a way to use a 30 amp service coupled with a 110v outlet to provide the two 110v feeds, for camping locations without 50 amp service?

jimtoo

It is not worth the price and almost all parks that have both the regular 30 amp plug and the 20 that is there on the same leg and it will not work. Almost all the 15--20 amp that is there is also a GFI and it will not work. I don't think I used mine but one time and it was at a private site.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Would that be 2 - 100 amp legs similar to the 2 - 50 amp legs in the 50 amp RV service???

I don't know how it is wired or worked but have talked to several owners of exclusive MH and they have told me they had 100 amp service. Also on some of the exclusive MH RV Parks you will see 100 amp service listed.