50 amp service . Temp.lose of 1 leg of power

rhodies1

We have been at this CG for a week no issue until last night. Trailer cord does not reach CG pedestal so I have a second 15 foot 50amp cord connected to my trailer cord, then my surge protector which is plugged into pedestal. Last night while running the fireplace we heard a bang noise and fireplace shut down. Also no power to microwave, counter plug, ceiling fan, water heater ..might have been more items but this what I found immediately. Checked all breakers. No issue. I reset all involved with no success. Shut down main 50 amp breaker in box and turned back on .. no success.
Went out and check pedestal and surge protector was saying 127 volts on both legs. I shut off pedestal and disconnected all cables and surge protector and Smart Plug connection on trailer to look for burned for suspect connections.. all looked good.
Plugged everything back together. I turned power back on. Everything came back on and is still working.
Looking for ideas as to cause and what to check.
Thanks

wdk450

All I could suggest for this electrical detective work is wat your friendly cardiologist does to assess the health of your heart - a STRESS TEST. Set up your rig to pull as much of the park 50 amps as possible ( air conditioner, fireplace, electric water heater, maybe even microwave (with a large bowl of water load running), and start testing every connection point you can easily access in the incoming power path by touch for heating, smell, noise. Run your fingers over the breakers faces below the switch levers for heating.

FYI, at one point in my 15 year odyssey in my Bighorn, I heard buzzing, arcing noises coming from my breaker box under high current usage. I finally took the breaker box apart, removed all breakers one-by-one, and found that the split spring metal connection that one of the sides of the mains breaker made with the phase distribution rail within the breaker box to be the apparent cause. I used light filing and burnishing of the phase copper rail at that point,, improved the breaker spring metal connection point (I think by filing with swiss file) sprayed all breaker/buss bar connection points with Caig Cramolyn DeOxIt contact cleaner/restorer, and re assembled the breaker box. That was about 6 years ago of fulltime living, and all has been well with the breaker box since.

Good hunting!!!