Progressive 50 AMP SP

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So we have to dig a little deeper.

Can't tell from the picture how the back plane of the panel is arranged. On my Sundance, the 50 breakers are in the middle and L1 and L2 on the back plane are to the left and right of the 50's respectively. Your picture would suggest that each twin breakers sets alternate between L1 and L2. If that's so, then "as marked" each AC is on a separate leg. That is not consistent with your measurement.

This then adds another question. Are the breakers marked correctly? It's not that unusual for the factory to mark them incorrectly. So the first thing I would do is turn on each ac separately and then turn off the breaker associated with it to verify they are in fact marked correctly. Next step would depend on what you find.

Do you have a brand and model number of the panel in order to look it up? That would help especially if you are uncomfortable working on this.
Its a Progressive dynamics power center Model PD55K000. If I am understanding you correctly, if the breakers are labeled correctly, what I could do is get a dual 20 amp and a dual 15 amp, run the wires accordingly and should then have an AC on each leg. If that is the case I can handle that just fine. My wife is on a ZOOM call so I cannot turn anything off just yet in case things are not labeled correctly. I appreciate your assistance!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking closely at your service panel it is wired correctly.
The first duplex breaker 15/20 amp, ceiling fan/ front AC is on L1. The second duplex breaker 15/20 slide out/ main AC is on L2.

Peace
Dave

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Looking closely at your service panel it is wired correctly.
The first duplex breaker 15/20 amp, ceiling fan/ front AC is on L1. The second duplex breaker 15/20 slide out/ main AC is on L2.

Peace
Dave
I would like it to be that way except my readout is saying I am drawing about 36 amps on L-1 and only 3 on L-2. Also L-1 is showing 105v and L-2 is reading 118v.

Bogie

Its a Progressive dynamics power center Model PD55K000. If I am understanding you correctly, if the breakers are labeled correctly, what I could do is get a dual 20 amp and a dual 15 amp, run the wires accordingly and should then have an AC on each leg. If that is the case I can handle that just fine. My wife is on a ZOOM call so I cannot turn anything off just yet in case things are not labeled correctly. I appreciate your assistance!!
So the backplane of the PD55K000 is wired as I indicated in my previous post.. Every breaker pair (15 and 20) alternate between L1 and L2. So as Cookie said....it looks correct. The diagram below is a schematic of the back plane from Progressive Dynamics web site.

I would still verify each breaker is in fact operating the correct circuit as marked.

PD55K000.png

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So the backplane of the PD55K000 is wired as I indicated in my previous post.. Every breaker pair (15 and 20) alternate between L1 and L2. So as Cookie said....it looks correct. The diagram below is a schematic of the back plane from Progressive Dynamics web site.

I would still verify each breaker is in fact operating the correct circuit as marked.

View attachment 68521
I appreciate your help with this. The 2nd and third breakers were reversed. The panel was correct. Took me about 3 minutes to put them in the correct position and so far so good. Thanks again!