55" flat screen falls off wall in 371 Torque toyhauler !

As part of making our deal the dealer thru in a 55" flat screen TV to be mounted on the living room wall over the bench dining table_ Brochure shows one mounted there and all TV connections are in the ceiling above the mounting area_ used the toyhauler twice parked in the barn when not in use_ Wife when out to start loading the trailer for next camping trip came out of trailer and ask if took the TV down_ I said no and went to investigate_ The 55" TV and mount fell off the wall, crashed on the table put cracks in table, broke the TV and put dents in window frame_ WHAT a mess - lucky no one was sitting under it when it fell off wall_ Dealer now tell us can't have TV on wall ? Brochure shows one there, dealer installed it there per design spec's _ WAITING for HeartLand and dealer to clear up our problem It's only been 6 months!!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Regardless of Heartland's response this is a dealer problem. They mounted it on the wall so they need to step up and make this right for you.

sengli

If there isnt any aluminum framing in that wall, for that TV mount...there is nothing there to screw into, of any substance. If you want that TV there, your going to have to get handy on your own. I know ours, has a large felt covered piece of plywood attached to the wall for strength, then the TV mount is attached to that.

eddylives

I added a board to mount the TV on a wall with no TV mounting provision

attachment.php

As part of making our deal the dealer thru in a 55" flat screen TV to be mounted on the living room wall over the bench dining table_ Brochure shows one mounted there and all TV connections are in the ceiling above the mounting area_ used the toyhauler twice parked in the barn when not in use_ Wife when out to start loading the trailer for next camping trip came out of trailer and ask if took the TV down_ I said no and went to investigate_ The 55" TV and mount fell off the wall, crashed on the table put cracks in table, broke the TV and put dents in window frame_ WHAT a mess - lucky no one was sitting under it when it fell off wall_ Dealer now tell us can't have TV on wall ? Brochure shows one there, dealer installed it there per design spec's _ WAITING for HeartLand and dealer to clear up our problem It's only been 6 months!!!

I am literally trying to mount one in the same place, on the same model this week. What are we supposed to do? That is where they come in half the units......Would a ceiling mount work better? If you look at the interior images on their site, it appears there is a large black mount on the wall behind the tv.... I didnt notice it on the other 371 I saw at my dealer, but the pic sure shows it.

UPDATE- I talked to BOB at Heartland, VERY nice, he is sending the blue print for the mounting location. He recommends a 3/4" wood (16" square) for the mount on the wall or a 2x10, also 16" or so.

I am literally trying to mount one in the same place, on the same model this week. What are we supposed to do? That is where they come in half the units......Would a ceiling mount work better? If you look at the interior images on their site, it appears there is a large black mount on the wall behind the tv.... I didnt notice it on the other 371 I saw at my dealer, but the pic sure shows it.

UPDATE- I talked to BOB at Heartland, VERY nice, he is sending the blue print for the mounting location. He recommends a 3/4" wood (16" square) for the mount on the wall or a 2x10, also 16" or so.

Thank you for updating me on your TV problem _ I agree Bob at Heartland has been a lot of help _ It's too bad the we are having these problems for what we pay for. I'm going to insist they (the dealer) mount the TV on that wall WITH a backer plate OR they will have a trailer sitting in the middle of their drive way_

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Find the wall framing and span it with the plywood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Even though they show the trailers on the website with TV's...

Many/most don't come from the factory with TV's installed.

Plus, when you buy your own TV you will probably get a much better TV than any provided by the manufacturer or the dealership.

I have two Vizio's in my Prowler and you can bet they didn't come with it!

New guy here but I just installed a 40" tv in my 327 Torque. There was a backing there for the main area in the galley but I'll but taking some 1" x 4" carpeted to give myself a more secure mounting area for the bedroom and garage TV's.

Freshman

Any chance I could get you to share those blue prints and possibly pictures of how you mounted the tv? We just received our 2019 371 and I need to mount the TVs very soon.

jimbob195

Any chance I could get you to share those blue prints and possibly pictures of how you mounted the tv? We just received our 2019 371 and I need to mount the TVs very soon.

It might be best to call or email Heartland Dealer Services Dealer Services <service@heartlandrvs.com> and ask for the drawing for your particular unit, as they sometimes change where things are embedded in the walls from year to year. They will want you to include your Serial Number so they can send you the correct drawings.