5th wheel towing electical cord might be damaged question.

KenJ

Was in a hurry and pulled away from my trailer with the 7 way connector attached to the bed of my pick up!! The power cord disconnected from the truck and looks stretched at the electrical box under the pin box. I opened the front plate and did not see any broken connections. But now have no trailer brakes.

This is a new to me truck and seems to have a new controller. I' m wondering if I might have pulled some wires apart. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Was in a hurry and pulled away from my trailer with the 7 way connector attached to the bed of my pick up!! The power cord disconnected from the truck and looks stretched at the electrical box under the pin box. I opened the front plate and did not see any broken connections. But now have no trailer brakes.

This is a new to me truck and seems to have a new controller. I' m wondering if I might have pulled some wires apart. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.[/QUOT

This is a 7 wire plug setup. Maybe it will help.

IMG_0692.JPG

I did the same thing.
Found out I fractured the plug housing. The cord was fine. I installed a new receptacle and as is good,'

Bought from Etrailer.

KenJ

BigJim, Thanks very much for the diagram it is very helpful. I'll use a test light on the ground and brake terminal. If OK, then to the trailer.

pegmikef

BigJim, Thanks very much for the diagram it is very helpful. I'll use a test light on the ground and brake terminal. If OK, then to the trailer.

That's one thing that is in the generic owners' manual that Heartland includes with all rigs, the pin out for the trailer to tow vehicle pigtail.