6 point level up Lippert

jmax65

I have a 2013 Landmark with the Lippert 6 point level up. Love setting up and hook up. It is the rest that is bad. The system clicks at the jacks and at night the front one under the bedroom is annoying. Lippert said has several complaints on this but has no idea what is causing it. It sounds like the system is resetting. No movement in the jacks, just noise.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jmax65, welcome to the forum.
The popping or clicking noise that you hear seems to be fairly common.
Some people have reported that using some sort of plastic under the legs will help eliminate that.
Others report that it changes or goes away with temperature changes.
I get it once in a while, or at least I only notice it once in a while.
The word is that Lippert engineers are aware of this and working to find a solution.
Hang in there.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
A friend of mine here on the forum, solved his problem by putting heavier hydraulic seals in the jacks. Trace

DougS

Doug S
This Camping World item solved the clicking sound in my unit, with the waffle side up. I also use a piece of plywood under the Pads to protect the Pads. Parked on the side of my house on concrete, I only use the Pads on the front, no sound, when I temporary put the other legs down on concrete without the pads, they click, but not the fronts.
Ramble Jack Pads, set of 2

Catalog Item # 29419

Squatty

Jmax65. Mine do the same thing. I have found that if I place sometnig under each jack pad to lessen the amount of jack deployment, the sounds are not as frequent or loud. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the cylinders being extended so much. You may want to try any kind of 2" X 6" X 6" wood pieces (or plastic pads) stacked two or three high to limit the distances and see if it helps you too.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Not to be contestive, but I have my auto leveling system so that I don't have to get down and put blocks under the tires, jacks and such. My back, knees and such just don't need the exercise.

At this time I have never had any noise or serious problems with my auto leveling system. One thing I did have to do is replace a simple switch on the two rear jacks which entails using a open end wrench and unscrewing the top of the switch and putting on the new switch. No further problems.

Interesting why with all the problems Heartland does not look into Quadra Bigfoot. 4 jacks with the rear stabilizers and my trailer is stable since I setup on Oct 31, 2012.

FWIW
BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Count yourself lucky Bob....a friend who owned a Teton with Bigfoot, had worse popping then we did with our first Level Up. Luckily the system on the new Landmark doesn't do it...we also solved our issue on the Bighorn by lessening the stroke on the piston on the side being raised the highest...stopped it completely.