6 point versus 4 point level.

MLP

What is the difference between the four point and six point leveling system (outside of the extra two points of contact)?

jimtoo

Hi MLP,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The difference between the 4 and 6 is the 4 gives 2 at front and 2 behind the axles about 3' or so... the 6 jack system adds 2 more jacks about 3' in front of the axles also. By adding the 2 in front of the axles it reduces the flex and movement that is transferred to the axles which takes even more of the movement out of the unit. Well worth it I am told.

I'm sure some more of our family will jump in that have the 6 point system with info also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MLP

Thanq you much. I was wondering because weight didnt seem to be the causal factor. I like stability.

jimtoo

It seems that everyone that has the 6 point system is really happy with the stability it gives the trailer. I used to have a couple of hand crank jacks in front of my axles on my previous unit and it really made a difference. I have not installed them on this unit yet... I am thinking I might upgrade my system to the 4 point and see how it works with the rear stabilizers and 4 electrics.

Jim M

jdamude

We have a BC 3650RL and are using it for the first time this weekend. We find the trailer moves quite a bit while on the 6 way level up. Every time you move a little bit the trailer shakes. Any tips would be appreciated

thanks
Jeff

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have the 4 point on our Landmark but it also has an electric stabilizer in the rear that is a part of the leveling system and comes down automatically, giving us 6 points of contact.

MLP

It seems that everyone that has the 6 point system is really happy with the stability it gives the trailer. I used to have a couple of hand crank jacks in front of my axles on my previous unit and it really made a difference. I have not installed them on this unit yet... I am thinking I might upgrade my system to the 4 point and see how it works with the rear stabilizers and 4 electrics.

Jim M
Thank you Jim

emm4273610re

We have a BC 3650RL and are using it for the first time this weekend. We find the trailer moves quite a bit while on the 6 way level up. Every time you move a little bit the trailer shakes. Any tips would be appreciated

thanks
Jeff
Try keeping the rams as short as possible. Extended all the way is like you walking on stilts. I know you bought the 6 point to get away from moving blocks to level, but try it.

jimpav

With our 4 point Ground Control, rear electric stabilizers and JT's all around, we don't shake at all in the slightest........well perhaps a little depending on the "frisky" factor.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As I mentioned in a similar thread, I installed the Ground Control system on my BH3670. As far as rigs go, they don't get much bigger unless it's a TH. I also have the OEM rear electric stabilizer, so that gives me six points of contact. I still put my cribbing pads under all of the feet, just so that I don't have to extend the jacks as far. Helps spread the load, too, since we're on not on a paved site.

At the time I did it, Reico-Titan was still and independent entity and not a subsidiary of Lippert. And the cost ($2500, delivered) was way too attractive to want to haul the rig to Elkhart for the Level-Up install.