70" x 80" King Mattress

WBG

WBGavin
Call the Mattress Ranch there in washington. They have a store in Olympia and Poulsbo. Not sure where else. Last fall we bought a RV queen from them that was a really nice matress and very comfortable. If they don't have it in stock, they can probably get it.

I have never heard of the Mattress Ranch, but will definitely give them a shout.

Thanks so much!

WBG

I have the same year and model as you. I measured my mattress today and it is 70" wide. I measured the bed made up with the duvet on top and it measures 72" I also measured the space inside the slides and it is 74" so you can put a 72" mattress in and it will fit. I have that same crappy mattress that came with the RV, jbut we put a 3" Ca King mattress topper on it (from Costco) It was too long but I shortened it using my electric knife (what they use at Joann to cut foam). We have only slept two weeks on it so far and it was very comfortable, but we know it will eventually break down and we will replace it with an RV king air bed and use the foam topper. It really irks me that they put such cheap mattresses in an expensive rig that is geared to full-time use. We will be living in it full-time in 10 days so we'll see how long it lasts.
As to linens, I used king sheets and got a pair of mattress suspenders to take up the extra fabric on the foot end of the fitted sheet. It works well and the sheet doesn't bunch up after sleeping on it. We use a comforter with a duvet cover and forego a top sheet. I wash the duvet cover about once a month. It makes making the bed a snap. We even have two different down comforter inserts; light for summer and warmer for winter.

WBG

WBGavin
I have the same year and model as you. I measured my mattress today and it is 70" wide. I measured the bed made up with the duvet on top and it measures 72" I also measured the space inside the slides and it is 74" so you can put a 72" mattress in and it will fit. I have that same crappy mattress that came with the RV, jbut we put a 3" Ca King mattress topper on it (from Costco) It was too long but I shortened it using my electric knife (what they use at Joann to cut foam). We have only slept two weeks on it so far and it was very comfortable, but we know it will eventually break down and we will replace it with an RV king air bed and use the foam topper. It really irks me that they put such cheap mattresses in an expensive rig that is geared to full-time use. We will be living in it full-time in 10 days so we'll see how long it lasts.
As to linens, I used king sheets and got a pair of mattress suspenders to take up the extra fabric on the foot end of the fitted sheet. It works well and the sheet doesn't bunch up after sleeping on it. We use a comforter with a duvet cover and forego a top sheet. I wash the duvet cover about once a month. It makes making the bed a snap. We even have two different down comforter inserts; light for summer and warmer for winter.

Thanks so much for your research. I had convinced myself that my only option was to purchase another 70" mattress, rare as they might be. I guess I should have measured the space to see just what options were available. After reading you note, I double checked the measurements and am confident that a 72" RV King will fit just fine. We have a Sleep Number mattress at home and I think this is the way we go when we get a replacement.

Forum members are simply the very BEST!

WBG

Thanks so much for your research. I had convinced myself that my only option was to purchase another 70" mattress, rare as they might be. I guess I should have measured the space to see just what options were available. After reading you note, I double checked the measurements and am confident that a 72" RV King will fit just fine. We have a Sleep Number mattress at home and I think this is the way we go when we get a replacement.

Glad I could help. We just moved into our Bighorn full-time this weekend, and I felt like I was sleeping in a hole. And that's with a 3" memory foam topper on the mattress. I will be ordering a new one soon. My husband wants a sleep number but they are SO expensive. Will have to see how far I can stretch the budget.

WBG

WBGavin

Glad I could help. We just moved into our Bighorn full-time this weekend, and I felt like I was sleeping in a hole. And that's with a 3" memory foam topper on the mattress. I will be ordering a new one soon. My husband wants a sleep number but they are SO expensive. Will have to see how far I can stretch the budget.

Carol,

I should have mentioned this earlier. We want a Sleep Number Bed but cannot afford it just now. We tried a "Topper" foam pad but that just made the problem worse - felt like we were sleeping in a deep dark hole. My wife suggested we try a "King Mattress" pillow (about 30" - 36" long foam pillow) and place it UNDER the depression. I knew it would not work, but it did!! Not the perfect solution, but one that is buying us some time.

Just a thought!

WBG

Erika

I am also going through the same hunt for a good mattress for our Cyclone (70 X 80). After reading comments, I am confident that the 72 will work. I am looking at plushbeds.com, at the natural latex foam or the gel infused memory foam. Still pondering the issue of body heat on the foam mattresses.

From what I understand, the Latex is more firm which reduces the "sleeping in a hole" aspect of the foam mattress. I don't know from personal experience, though.

Also, regarding sheets: I highly recommend AB Lifestyle for the sheets and mattress pads. The pad and sheets fit perfectly, and the sheets even have elastic foot corners for the top sheet, which is nice. They are soft and have held up perfectly. http://www.ablifestyles.net/camper-...v-sheet-sets-300-thread-count-starting-at-54/

Erika, I just ordered a foam mattress from Brentwood on Amazon. It is 13" with a 7" base of dense foam and several "comfort" layers of gel infused memory foam and a wool blend cover. I had a similar mattress in the sticks and bricks and it was extremely comfortable. It was from Dreamfoam (13" Ultimate Dream) mattress but unfortunately they do not make an RV king mattress. I sleep very warm and I was never uncomfortably warm sleeping on it, nor did I have that sinking in a hole experience. I looked at the Plush Beds too but they are out of my price range although they look really nice and I've heard all natural latex is the very best option for a foam mattress.

Right now we have the mattress that came with our Bighorn with a memory foam topper and it is miserable. I sink all the way through the memory foam to the hard mattress below and I wake up multiple time during the night with pain in my back and legs. I can't wait for the new mattress to arrive. I will definitely check out the sheets from AB Lifestyle. We are using CA King on the bed now and they are OK but I really like a tight bottom sheet which is impossible with too large a sheet.

WBG

WBGavin
Also, regarding sheets: I highly recommend AB Lifestyle for the sheets and mattress pads. The pad and sheets fit perfectly, and the sheets even have elastic foot corners for the top sheet, which is nice. They are soft and have held up perfectly. http://www.ablifestyles.net/camper-r...tarting-at-54/

Thanks for the link to AB Lifestyle. Will look them up.

WBG

Also, regarding sheets: I highly recommend AB Lifestyle for the sheets and mattress pads. The pad and sheets fit perfectly, and the sheets even have elastic foot corners for the top sheet, which is nice. They are soft and have held up perfectly. http://www.ablifestyles.net/camper-r...tarting-at-54/

Thanks for the link to AB Lifestyle. Will look them up.

WBG

i notice they only make sheets for mattresses that are 9" deep or less. I have a 13" mattress coming.