A Big Thank You For Heartland!

jeffdee

Last month I sent a letter to Heartland because the under side lip seal under the living room slide had dropped down and was damaged by the right rear tire. The fasteners were more than 24 inches apart. Heartland sent me a new seal. I installed it today with the fasteners about 8 inches apart. I had to remove the tires to properly install this seal. Below are the before and after photos.

On another subject. Heads up, check the torque on the wheels regularly. I found at least one lug nut on each wheel not up to torque spec. I retorqued all the lugs on the other side of the rv while I was at it. These aluminum wheel lug torques need to be checked on a regular basis.

Seal Before:

before_zpsifjeqygi.jpg

New Seal Installed Today

after_zpsytguyzjy.jpg

Attachments

• before_zpsifjeqygi.jpg
    before_zpsifjeqygi.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 63

jbeletti

Thanks for sharing Jeff. I too noticed this flap hanging down a bit on my coach on the ODS. I need to get under there and inspect it close up and take some pics and length measurements. Sounds like a may need to order a length of it. What type and length screw did you use to attach the replacement piece?

jeffdee

Thanks for sharing Jeff. I too noticed this flap hanging down a bit on my coach on the ODS. I need to get under there and inspect it close up and take some pics and length measurements. Sounds like a may need to order a length of it. What type and length screw did you use to attach the replacement piece?

I used #10 x 1 inch self tapping sheet metal screws. These were basically the same size but use a 5/16" nut driver socket on the hex head.

The lip seal Heartland sent me was identical to the vertical and roof slide seals. There was no paper work or identifying numbers on the box.

Here is some better pictures of the damaged seal when it drops down on the tire.

before2_zpscbxwwnwz.jpg

before3_zpsdepjbbcs.jpg

before4_zpsyegvsfnh.jpg

Attachments

• before3_zpsdepjbbcs.jpg
    before3_zpsdepjbbcs.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 54

Securityman

Looks good Jeff , you might want to replace those tires next before they take out all that nice work you just did !!

jeffdee

Looks good Jeff , you might want to replace those tires next before they take out all that nice work you just did !!

LOL!

I know what you mean. The original tires have already been replaced. What you see now are Hercules Power STR tires, F-rated at 95 psi. They have been on the rv nearly as long as the original tomax. I check the pressure before every trip and they never lose air like the tomax did. I am quite pleased with the Hercules tires.