A/C fan running while heater is on Road Warrior 361RW

JOwen72

That pretty much says it all. Just purchased a used 2011 model on Thursday, we took it camping Friday. Last night while the furnace was on, the AC fan was running. My wife had the fan running for a bit, but then put it back to heat. I woke up in the middle of the night to the ac fan running and the furnace running. I shut it off for a bit then put it back to heat, but then the furnace kicked on as well as the ac fan. I think the thermostat was set around 67 degrees. It continued to run constantly, as well as the furnace kicking on once in a while, until I went outside, when my wife woke up she turned the switch to off and everything quit.

Besides that and a little drip under the kitchen sink we love our new toy hauler. And the garage is a little cool for sleeping. We woke up to snow this morning and the garage doesn't stay very warm even with the door open.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello JOwen72 and welcome to the forum.
Easy fix for your AC fan.
You need to scroll through the menu on the thermostat and find the fan setting.
Once there scroll to 'Auto'.
It is most likely now set to 'High' or 'Low'.

Consider attending a Heartland Owners Rally in your area.
A list can be found on the Portal Page.

Also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club.
Right now there is a free one year trial membership.

Peace
Dave

I like it when someone else does my work. I have the same problem on my brand new Gateway 3200RS. Thanks to this thread, the problem is solved. Thanks JOwen72 and cookie.

Don

Hello JOwen72 and welcome to the forum.
Easy fix for your AC fan.
You need to scroll through the menu on the thermostat and find the fan setting.
Once there scroll to 'Auto'.
It is most likely now set to 'High' or 'Low'.

Consider attending a Heartland Owners Rally in your area.
A list can be found on the Portal Page.

Also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club.
Right now there is a free one year trial membership.

Peace
Dave
awesome thank you very much for this info!!!!!! fixed my problem!

Lynn1130

I am not trying to be snarky but the search feature on this site will turn up a large number of threads on topics that you may be looking for answer to. Most all of us have had the same problems and asked the same questions, probably a number of times too.

Last edited: