A/C Issue - Different Than Others I've Read

jimandjean

I have a Cyclone 4200 with three A/C. The rear A/C works normally, no issues at all. The front A/C runs normally for anywhere from days to hours - but then every once in a while (and usually at night) the A/C shuts off. The thermostat LEDs still indicate its set to "COOL" and the set temp is well below the interior temperature - but the unit is just powered down.

If i change the set temp, it has no effect.

But if all I do is cycle the thermostat from "Cool" to "off" and back to "cool" it fires right back up no issue.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My front bedroom AC has done this too. I popped it off the wall and unplugged the cord for a few seconds. Then when it turned it back in, the inside temperature was completely different from what it said before I unplugged it. And now that I think about it it hasn't done it again sense then.
You can try swapping the thermostat with your #3 AC and see if it does it to that AC too or if the problem stays with this AC.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jimandjean

So, i haven't swapped controllers yet, but strangely this is limited to 'at night' - the unit appears to run all day long without issue in the heat, but at night, it just shuts down. I'll still try the controller swap and keep the board posted.

BusManRG

I have a Cyclone 4200 with three A/C. The rear A/C works normally, no issues at all. The front A/C runs normally for anywhere from days to hours - but then every once in a while (and usually at night) the A/C shuts off. The thermostat LEDs still indicate its set to "COOL" and the set temp is well below the interior temperature - but the unit is just powered down.

If i change the set temp, it has no effect.

But if all I do is cycle the thermostat from "Cool" to "off" and back to "cool" it fires right back up no issue.

Thoughts?

We were have the same issue you are describing with our living room thermostat. Also happened only at night. But for us it was during the winter months and it was the heat settings. We would have to get up in the middle of the night and turn it to off and then back on for the unit to fire back up. We had the thermostat changed out under warranty but haven't really had a chance to test it out since. Not really wanting to turn the heat on when the temperature is 95 out. Haven't noticed a problem occurring while running the AC though. So hopefully the new thermostat took care of the problem