A/C leaking condsentation into interior 2016 Madison

Gary521

Thanks Chris. I have a 3270 built in either Feb or March of this year. I pulled my covers off and found the points that you are referring to and filled them. My AC units were mounted correctly and gaskets OK. They guy that put the Dycor on did not do the best job but at least everything else was OK.

NHCelt

Heartland told me that the ceiling panel is not normally replaced as it is part of the laminate structure. I'm not so sure that the laminate structure is anything more than glue. It does not seem to be vacuum bonded...but anyway, they say sand, repair with filler and re-cover with vinyl. They are sending me what I need to do my repair. I would rather do this one myself. There is also a putty stick match available.

danemayer

Heartland told me that the ceiling panel is not normally replaced as it is part of the laminate structure. I'm not so sure that the laminate structure is anything more than glue. It does not seem to be vacuum bonded...but anyway, they say sand, repair with filler and re-cover with vinyl. They are sending me what I need to do my repair. I would rather do this one myself. There is also a putty stick match available.

If you try to remove the Dicor rubber roof layer of the laminated structure, you will tear apart the luan layer under it. I would assume something similar would occur if you tried to remove the ceiling layer.

carl.swoyer

Dane is correct the finish on the ceiling is glued to the ceiling structure which is on top of the wall I have the same damage and choose to live with it. I only see it when the light hits it just right.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

New 2017 Bighorn, both front and rear AC units leaked water into the coach through the structure not the vents. Coffered ceiling now has water staining, and my wife is very displeased with this. Cannot get the coach in to a dealer until August 1, 2016. Looks like July trip will be cancelled and ruined.

jimtoo

Hi ericandblaze,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. There is a technical bulletin about this problem to see if yours is involved. They can tell you what needs to be done.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

New 2017 Bighorn, both front and rear AC units leaked water into the coach through the structure not the vents. Coffered ceiling now has water staining, and my wife is very displeased with this. Cannot get the coach in to a dealer until August 1, 2016. Looks like July trip will be cancelled and ruined.

Heartland will probably authorize the use of a mobile servicer who can come to you and follow the instructions in the TSB. You'll have to get prior approval and will have to pay for the travel charge. Usually that's a pretty good tradeoff compared to hauling the rig to a dealer and leaving it.

lukeysh

Heartland will probably authorize the use of a mobile servicer who can come to you and follow the instructions in the TSB. You'll have to get prior approval and will have to pay for the travel charge. Usually that's a pretty good tradeoff compared to hauling the rig to a dealer and leaving it.[/QUOTE

Does anyone know what the fix from Dometic is? We just got a bulletin from Heartland that says too high static pressure causing moisture carryover. I cannot find any instructions that describes what they will modify.

SNOKING

Heartland will probably authorize the use of a mobile servicer who can come to you and follow the instructions in the TSB. You'll have to get prior approval and will have to pay for the travel charge. Usually that's a pretty good tradeoff compared to hauling the rig to a dealer and leaving it.[/QUOTE

Does anyone know what the fix from Dometic is? We just got a bulletin from Heartland that says too high static pressure causing moisture carryover. I cannot find any instructions that describes what they will modify.

If you call CS they well possibly send you the TSB to complete yourself if you are in a position that taking the trailer in is difficult.

The repair is to seal a couple extra mounting holes, drill additional drain holes and check the data cable. Chris