A/C Settings, High or Auto?

KaosAD

Just curious, do you guys and gals run your A/C on continuous High Fan or do any of you use the Auto High setting?

hriker

I run my a/c with the fan running continuously so when the compressor cycles off the fan can help any ice that may form on the coils. I base my fan speed on oh hot it is out or if we are watching TV. That fan can be loud. My dealer recommended doing this to prolong the a/c life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TXTiger

I was told by my dealer that I should run the A/C on Auto. Had it on Hi once by accident and the air coming out was not that cold. When I switched it back to Auto it worked fine.

JeremyN

I do the same as TwoToes. My dealer also recommended that I run my A/C on Auto. So that is what I have always done. Have never had a problem with it.

Garypowell

Depend on the circustace but we generally use auto.

I put closable registers in the bedroom so if we only need one unit when watching TV or working during the day we run the dedroom a/c but close the bedroom vents so all the air goes aft.

While sleeping at night we reverse the process and use the main a/c and reopen the bedroom vents.

This way the majority of the noise is at the opposite end of the coach.

Of course there are many days that both are needed. But I have switched to LED lights and have put film on the windows for this summer so we'll see how it works.

porthole

Retired
Dealer's opinion doesn't matter and odds are they don't know why they are recommending it.

Do what is comfortable for you.

For us?
Leaving the the AC with the fan set to on I think keeps the temperature more constant in our Cyclone. The fan runs continuously and the compressor kicks in as needed, probably more often then it does when set to the auto mode. But we don't feel the temp swings as much.

Unless it is really hot I leave the fan on low. Some have had problems with freezing of the evap coils. Ours have never froze.
We run both AC's like this when needed.
If really hot then the fans are set to high.

Night time, like others, we use the main AC and shut off the bedroom unit.

Your mileage may vary - try it several ways until you find what you like.

Dtaylor52

I guess all dealers are not the same. Mine said it didn't matter if I ran it on auto or continuous, but I should run it on high to keep it from icing up.

scottyb

At our last race, I parked my rig next to the tech inspection building, at Lucas Oil Speedway. On Sat, when I returned to my rig from the day's boat racing, I discovered I was in the middle of the dirt track pits, surrounded by late models and all sorts of cars. There were raceteams on both sides of and all around me. I went to bed at 10 due to the next day's 05:00 wakeup call, Their race was still going to go until midnight. I slept like a baby with the BR AC on high with engines racing all around us. When I got up Sun AM, about 90% of the 120 race cars had loaded up and left the premises upon completion of their event. Love that BR AC. White noise to the max.

KaosAD

Thanks guys for all the input and thanks danemayer for the guide. I've been experimenting here in ST. George Ut., it's been 102 Fahrenheit on average and our humidity is usually 10 to 15 percent. What I've found was a big difference between Auto and Continuous fan. Continuous fan works fine but seems to blow warm air after the compressor has been off for a while, probably due to the fact that in the desert the roof is a frying pan. On Auto, for the first time ever my RV stayed at 76 degrees while it was 102. A whooping 26 degrees below outdoor temp, best I was able to do with continuous fan was 82. So it's Auto for me all the time and at night I run a small floor fan for white noise :D