A/C upgrade

ram_1955

I spoke to Dometic rep at the Tampa RV show about my units not working well.
Shortly after the show I was contacted by customer service, since I was going to be unable to get these worked on Dometic extended my warranty by 90 days.

I just had all three of my A/C units replaced. I opted to pay the extra and had all three replaced with Atwood Air Command(Dometic bought out Atwood) with heat pump. One of my original units was a heat pump. This required all new inside hardware with new thermostats.

The work was done by RV Medic in Tampa, FL. I worked with Johnny on this to get everything coordinated. I cannot say enough good things about a Johnny and his crew. I arrived on Monday afternoon April 2. Johnny got my unit on his lot and powered up. I spent the night in my rig on his lot. Tuesday morning was right to work and work complete and me leaving by 2PM. Since this was not a straight swap of units I had to pay some parts and labor, all agreed before hand.

Now the great news the Air Command units on high fan are quieter than the Breeze I had on low fan.
The Air Command also has 3 fan speeds not just 2.

I also opted for the outside of the roof units to be white instead of black like the units from the factory, why would you want a black unit getting hot when you are trying to create cold air inside that enclosure?

photos are showing roof units before and after.

Attachments

• 7324C125-E059-495E-90A6-2F83F44121EC.jpg
    7324C125-E059-495E-90A6-2F83F44121EC.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 88
  • E60C9EFD-DC2E-4231-A9D2-643C8CCF3809.jpg
    E60C9EFD-DC2E-4231-A9D2-643C8CCF3809.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 77

avvidclif

Looks nice I could never understand a black AC on top of a white roof????? It never bothered me to the point I would spend over $100 each to go white. BUT if they ever break the replacement won't be black.