A/C Vents

rtrampe

We just purchased and took delivery of a new 2013 Wilderness 2550RK. We are getting ready for our first trip and we turned the A/C on in the trailer while we are stocking it for the weekend. I notice that the bathroom vent is blowing very hard but every other vent has very little air flow. This is our first TT with ducted A/C, so I'm not sure if this is normal but it sure doesn't seem right.

Has anyone else experienced this or can someone tell me if this is right?

Eddhuy

It certainly does not sound right. I think that I'd hold something over the vent in the bathroom and see how much airflow you get through the other vents. I would not try to stop all airflow or do it for very long, if there are obstructions, not need to cause leaks somewhere. If not much air coming from other vents, something may be plugging them. At least you'll have a little more info. I've read where some people have put on adjustable vents to be able to better direct airflow.

rtrampe

Thanks Eddhuy,

I spoke to the dealer and they agree. I will be taking it in for warranty work after our first trip.

It certainly does not sound right. I think that I'd hold something over the vent in the bathroom and see how much airflow you get through the other vents. I would not try to stop all airflow or do it for very long, if there are obstructions, not need to cause leaks somewhere. If not much air coming from other vents, something may be plugging them. At least you'll have a little more info. I've read where some people have put on adjustable vents to be able to better direct airflow.

priorguy

I have the same problem with my used 2011 north trail 28 brs caliber edition. I get air from all 4 vents on the door side, but zilch from the 4 on the slide side. I bought it used so no factory warranty. Is there a simple fix possible for this. My first ducted ac unit as well.

jimtoo

Hi priorguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some ideas soon from our other family members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

I have the same problem with my used 2011 north trail 28 brs caliber edition. I get air from all 4 vents on the door side, but zilch from the 4 on the slide side. I bought it used so no factory warranty. Is there a simple fix possible for this. My first ducted ac unit as well.
Hi priorguy,

Here's a link to a modification that's pretty easy to do, called the Tim-K-Tent Mod. Even if you're not interested in modifying the A/C, the pictures may help you understand how the air pushed by the main A/C blower gets divided across the ducts. The pictures may help you to see what the issue is on your unit.

Here's a link to our owner-written Heating and Cooling Guide which you may also find helpful.

Birchwood

Not sure why but our bathroom vent has always outdone all other vents.Ours does have a vent control that is adjustable

Kbvols

I will attest to the Tim-K-Tent mod. I did the modification then blocked the off door vents except for the 2 which run to the bathroom and bedroom . I kept the door side vents which cool the main living area of the coach open. It has made a huge difference in cooling the entire coach especially the bedroom. I spent less than $10 for the modification. I used white styrofoam board and white duct tape to block the vents off. Unless I pointed out you would not know. With that said while doing the modification I noticed the end run of one of the ducts was damaged essentially forcing cold air into the gap between the ceiling and roof. Since the duct work is foam material it was an easy fix.

RoadJunkie

I don't use the ceiling vents and just leave the main vent open. With two air conditioners, this works best for me. Tried the tent-vent, but think this is working better. Interesting, however, is that I still get a little air out of the bathroom vent?