A new direction with a Rod and Custom Shop

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
If taking my kids and grandbaby to the water park on vacation is a job, I'll work it 24/7/365.:D

Moose, ya need to build you one. This color sure does show my dusty foot prints from pre drilling the holes. It would be great on a classic gambrel roof barn, Rustic red siding, polar white trim and an Ash grey roof. Give the roof a turkey peak on each end, a cupola and put a lean too on each side. Make the first floor your storage and turn the loft into a play room.

Ain't in my budget.

No update today, was busy putting a new washer and dryer in the house and studying. Tomorrow morning I need to take Mama to the hospital to get a test done on her gall bladder so I don't know if I'll get much of anything done tomorrow.

pmmjarrett

All of the siding is finished. Time to install the corner and eave trim so I can start on the roof.

p63000008.jpg

p63000012.jpg

pmmjarrett

Jim, Moose thank you.

Yea Moose, this is where I wish I'd ordered a 1/2-12 pitch instead of a 3-12 pitch.

Finished the corner and eave trim on the front of the building before it got dark out and a thunderstorm ran me off. I wasn't paying attention to the weather and it snuck up on me when I had a 20' strip of flimsy eave trim atached at only one end and the wind and thunder kicked up and I look out across the field to see a wall of water coming for me. Fastest I've moved in a long time trying to get a few more screws in and finish that piece. Lost power so we went to town for dinner, just got power back on a few minutes ago.

The white trim really makes the red pop. I like it.
p63000013.jpg

Oh Oh, where dat come from.
p63000018.jpg

Managed to wrap it up and get under cover before this wall of water hit me.
p63000020.jpg

pmmjarrett

Thank you.

The radiant barrier is done, the sheetmetal on the roof is done, the trim is done... Hmmmm building is done and ready for the inspector and then on to electric.

Hired the roof out as Mama wasn't giving up that fight. She didn't want me on the roof at all. Took them about 9-10 hrs with a 3 man crew. They were experienced in metal siding and roofing but never did one on a steel building and there was a bit of a learning curve with some different components than they were used too but once they got their rythm it went fast.

It just blows my mind how hard it is to get a good construction crew to do work. They advertise all over and then don't return calls or show up for estimates they said they would come out to do. I wasted a week calling and waiting on no shows.

Heck, of all the people I called around here, he's the only one that actually showed up like he said he would for an estimate, shot me a price where I was expecting it and hired him on a handshake. I got his number from my wife's boss as he doesn't advertise for roofing so I missed him completely. I even tipped him a benjamin for doing what he says he will do and having the guts to step into a little unknown territory and told him why.

Here ya go.

Before
p4060315.jpg

P4060330.jpg

After
p63000021.jpg

p63000022.jpg

p63000023.jpg

Moose

Nice!

The old one was . . . . . RUSTic. LoL

Must say I like the new one by a BIG margin. rofl

I'm trying to imagine all the new taxes they'll want from you now. You will be directly responsible for a 1/4 municipal worker now. Ha ha ha.

Glad to hear Mama stood her ground. I hope you take her out and treat her to a nice dinner.

Enjoy the posts. Project is great. Thanks for sharing with us.

pmmjarrett

Yea, we're doing OK. I'm a currency trader and have been trading for over 6 years. I'm trading full time now. Been very busy and away from all the forums for a while. I'm completely out of trucking and the RV industry now.

I finished the electrical and had the final inspection in August but have been waiting 5 months for progress energy to hook power up and install the meter becasue I was going to separate the shop from the house. Shouldn't have been a big deal as Progress Energy already had a pole and wires 60' in a straight shot to my barn.......... Nooooooo That's too easy for them, they put me on "constuction hold" but can't tell me why. Everytime I called they said they would have to call me back and tell me what was the hold for but never did.

I got tired of waiting today and hooked my own flippin power up. I'll call them tomorrow and tell them where they can stick their meter and to cancel my order.

It's a crying shame and I did everything by the book and everything passed inspection and now I have to go rouge to finish the job.

The old shed had 60 amps running to it before and that was plenty. I had previously buried some new wiring from the house when I rerouted the water line for the well just in case this kind of bull happened. I broke out the shovel this weekend and I have power now.;)

I have another project in mind that I have been thinking about for a few years but I need to scrape together about $50k to do it right......... 0-60 in 3 seconds, 0-100 in 6.6 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11 second flat @ 132, top speed 200 mph, 70 mph - 0 in 166 feet, 1.05 latteral G on DOT street tires, weighs in about 2500 lbs.... It's definatly different and better looking than my truck builds.

I will keep Y'all entertained when I get another project going. I havn't touched the model railroad hardly at all since my last post in that thread but that's a life long project that never ends. When I get back going on it I'll post more.

jimtoo

Hey Sir,,, we have missed you...Hope every thing is good with you and your family.

Please keep us in your loop.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad to here everything is ok. Just thought about you the other day and was going to say something myself. Moose you bet me to it.