A New Heartland Owner in OUR Family???

ZNK

Jim,

Let me make it clear. It is not a matter of if I will get a Heartland, it is a matter of when! The simple fact that I have access to so many knowledgeable individuals about Heartland is fantastic. I cannot for see me ever having an issue with our trailer and not having the resources to solve the problem.

As I continue my journey on determining exactly what travel trailer I want and what features I need in it, I will continue to be an active member of this forum. This seems like the best place to see what other people think about the Heartland product.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Zack

PeternLiane

Hi Zack,

Hey at least you are going to become a Heartland trailer owner. They are great trailers. You know like all of us do money is money. At least by waiting a year you may have a bigger down payment. That will definitely help. We park our trailer 106 miles away from us. At least its close to one of our favorite camping spots. Its only 15 miles away from there. The parking spot is free.

Good luck on the promotion!!!

Last edited:

ZNK

Thank you! Yes I hope that in a few months I will have a great down payment which will make the camper much more affordable!

ZNK

Alright All,

I have good news! We have finally found the trailer that we have been looking for and signed the paperwork today to buy it! We did decide to get a little bit different floor plan. Instead of the 28BRS we went with the 29BUDS. Loved the outdoor kitchen idea. The only think I am concerned with is the capabability of my truck to tow the trailer. After looking up all the axle codes, etc. I determined that my Ford F150 Super Crew Fx4 5.4L can tow 8200lbs. The dry weight of the trailer according to the sticker on the trailer says it is 6200 lbs. Is this going to be too much for my truck? Hopefully someone out there can verify this so that I can be sure of this purchase. We are hoping to have it all ready before the memorial day weekend. Would like to 'test' it out then! Woohoo!

Zack

jbeletti

Hi Zack,

I can't help you on the tow weights but I do want to congratulate you on your Heartland purchase! Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family!

Jim

CliffP

Congratulations on your new North Trail! Our dry weight was 7200#s. We upgraded to the 15K AC and aluminum rims. Can't think of anything else that would have added weight, it was stickered as 7800#s. That's with nothing in the camper and not counting for passengers and cargo in the truck. Did you get any options on yours? Your truck should pull it fine but I don't think you'll be under 8200#s when everything is figured in. Hope you get out for Memorial Day Weekend!

ZNK

Jim,

Thank you much! Just received word tonight that our deal is set and we are official! Hoping to pick it up this Saturday. Was able to find reasonable storage as well. Cannot be more excited! We are hoping to be able to attend the regional rally in Oregon! Just want to be sure I have the camper in hand then I will reserve our spot!

ZNK

Cliff,

We did not get any additional options. The trailer was already well equipped. Luckily my 29BUDS is a bit smaller than your 32BUDS and lighter which allows me to tow with my F150. I am sure someday I will upgrade to a bigger truck. But for now I will manage.

Zack

CliffP

Alright All,

I have good news! We have finally found the trailer that we have been looking for and signed the paperwork today to buy it! We did decide to get a little bit different floor plan. Instead of the 28BRS we went with the 29BUDS. Loved the outdoor kitchen idea. The only think I am concerned with is the capabability of my truck to tow the trailer. After looking up all the axle codes, etc. I determined that my Ford F150 Super Crew Fx4 5.4L can tow 8200lbs. The dry weight of the trailer according to the sticker on the trailer says it is 6200 lbs. Is this going to be too much for my truck? Hopefully someone out there can verify this so that I can be sure of this purchase. We are hoping to have it all ready before the memorial day weekend. Would like to 'test' it out then! Woohoo!

Zack

Zack,

I wasn't trying to say you needed to upgrade your truck. Sorry it came across that way.

Cliff

jbeletti

Jim,

Thank you much! Just received word tonight that our deal is set and we are official! Hoping to pick it up this Saturday. Was able to find reasonable storage as well. Cannot be more excited! We are hoping to be able to attend the regional rally in Oregon! Just want to be sure I have the camper in hand then I will reserve our spot!

Sounds like everything is falling into place. Hope you can make the rally in OR as I Nancy and I will be there too.

berky

Hi Zack. Congratulations on the North Trail! We have a North Trail 26LRSS that we just picked up 6 weeks ago and we're about to head out for our 3rd weekend in it. I know the excitement you're feeling! No question you made a great choice with North Trail.

As for towing, our 26LRSS is stickered a bit over 6200#. I figure I've added to that about 800# of gear, propane, water, etc. Our TV is a Silverado 1500, crew cab, 5.3L, 3.42 rear. I've had no problem towing the rolling hills around here. At 60 MPH the engine runs about 2000 RPM in 5th gear (6 spd tranny), kicking down to 4th and 2600 RPM to pull moderate hills. The steeper grades it kicks down to 3rd and screams at 3500 RPM. Not liking that, but that's the occasional sacrifice you have to make with a 5.3L.

If you have a 6-spd, you should be happy. If you a 4-spd, you'll still be OK if you have something like at least a 3.73 rear.

I just ordered a set of load range E LT tires to replace factory load range D P tires on the TV. It took a couple of trips to sort out that the frequent "squirms" I was feeling was not hitch or sway control adjustment, but the P tires.

Welcome aboard and best of luck. We look forward to hearing about your first outing.

PeternLiane

Awesome! Way to go Zach. You'll love that Trailer and have plenty of great trips in it. You should be fine with your F150.

ZNK

Lol... It's always a competition. However in this case... Size doesn't matter. As our coach is perfect for our growing family!