AC air smells sweet

lizzymit

I have a2011 Heartland Bighorn 3610RE. Recently the AC has developed a sweet smell when on. My wife thinks it might be mold in the AC lines. We spent the last winter in Seattle where it was very wet. The AC was recently serviced in Virginia with no problems. Any ideas what is causing the smell?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I recently had the AC serviced here at home. The guy sprayed some coil cleaner on the A-coil to clean it. It smelled kinda lemony.
Your servicer may have done the same with a similar product.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, just what does an A/C service get you on an RV?? They can't add freon , they can't hook up a guage set and check the pressures as there are not any fittings to do so. About 6 screws and the upper cover is off. In about 2 minutes I can have the foam filter out and washed. I can buy "good smelly" spray stuff at any car wash or auto parts store. CW wants $69 for an "A/C service special"...so I guess my question is....what do they do for $69....wave a magic wand over it and spray some "good smelly stuff" in it??

At least your A/C unit at home has fittings to check pressures and add freon if needed.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Bob is right or at least we are thinking the same way. I wash mine out with simple green when I do the roof treatment. The worse part is keeping the Oklahoma wind from sending my covers to Kansas.