Ac problem

Flooringit

We'll I bought a 2014 cyclone 4000. I knew when I bought it I would need a ac for the living space the bedroom worked. So I replaced the living room ac and while I was up there I decided to clean the from t bedroom one. It is a dometic. I took off the cover and man that thing was filthy. I cleaned it thinking man it's gonna work great. Put it all back together and turned on after about a hour it just **** off and won't turn back on. Any thoughts? I don't think it's a cap since it was running when it shut off. But I can hear it click and humm but don't turn on. I had my fan motor from kidlle unit I thought about swapping to it see if that's the issue but I will have to take completely off to do so. Which means new seal Seems like they could've made it so motor was changeable without having to acess the screws from the bottom. Any ideas what to check? I will prolly say screw it just go buy another one. Pretty crazy a 3yo camper has 2 bad ac's on it.

Attachments

• IMG_3303.jpg
    IMG_3303.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 56

wdk450

Can you manually spin the fan motor? You might want to lube it on each end of the motor with light oil.
Have you tried resetting the circuit breaker for that air conditioner? Sometimes breakers are tripped, but are hard to tell that by looking at them.
Are there any sounds or a voltage sag when you try to start the AC? Try running the AC on "Fan" only for a lower current test of power getting to the upper cooling unit.

If you look at the "Tools" tab at the top of any of our webpages, then click on "Manuals" and follow the submenus, you should be able to find a manual on your AC.

Good Luck!!!

Flooringit

I can hear it click. So I figured it's getting power. I am currently running it on generator when there. It does drag it down some. I looked at breakers. None looked tripped. I will reset that one just in case. I have to admit I cleaned the heat exchanger coil with water as it had red dirt on it. But I limited the water to it. I didn't think water caused the issue cause it ran for a hour before shutting off. I ran the ac for just a couple minutes before the cleaning happened and man the compressor seemed to be hot for that time it ran. I hate to deal with problems. But I just bought one ac this week wasn't looking forward to it again

wdk450

I can hear it click. So I figured it's getting power. I am currently running it on generator when there. It does drag it down some. I looked at breakers. None looked tripped. I will reset that one just in case. I have to admit I cleaned the heat exchanger coil with water as it had red dirt on it. But I limited the water to it. I didn't think water caused the issue cause it ran for a hour before shutting off. I ran the ac for just a couple minutes before the cleaning happened and man the compressor seemed to be hot for that time it ran. I hate to deal with problems. But I just bought one ac this week wasn't looking forward to it again

The soft CLICK you hear is most likely the 12 volt DC thermostat circuit energizing a control relay on the AC logic board. Most of us owners have heard that click sound when the Air Conditioner has a problem with its AC power. Today I always hear that soft click sound when the AC trips on, before the noise and air blast of the running air conditioner.

The 12 volt DC thermostat control circuit is separate from all of the AC power circuits on the Air Conditioner except at that 12 volt relay. There is even a fuse in the 12 volt DC fuse panel for the thermostat circuit.

BTW, on any ancillary appliance/equipment problem, supplying the make/model of the device in question helps the responders on this forum to give you the right advice.

Last edited: