Accessing Sewer Valves

momreed

I need to access the sewer valves. What is the best way to access them without permanently damaging the coroplast liner?

danemayer

Hi momreed,

If you don't want to cut into the coroplast, you'll have to remove the screws that hold it to the frame. The valves are usually close to the frame, so you may only have to drop one side. Use an impact wrench. In addition to being much easier and faster, you'll avoid shearing the head off the screw, which often happens when using a ratchet wrench with socket.

If you end up cutting, one approach is to cut 3 sides of a rectangle, with the closed side toward the front. Then when you put it back together, you can use Gorilla Tape to reseal.

jbeletti

Related....

I'm really liking the Scrim Tape that another member here recommended. Here's a link to it on Amazon. At $52 (29 cents per foot), it's not cheap but so far, I like it alot. It's a huge roll (180 feet). We'll see how it puts up with road speeds, rain etc.

Scrim Tape.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Related....

I'm really liking the Scrim Tape that another member here recommended. Here's a link to it on Amazon. At $52 (29 cents per foot), it's not cheap but so far, I like it alot. It's a huge roll (180 feet). We'll see how it puts up with road speeds, rain etc.

View attachment 44383

180 feet WOW !!!!
Maybe you should make up e few 20' roles of it and sell it to us at the rally's Jim $10 a pack
I'll take 1 :)

jbeletti

180 feet WOW !!!!
Maybe you should make up e few 20' roles of it and sell it to us at the rally's Jim $10 a pack
I'll take 1 :)

180 feet is a lot! Likely a dealership sized roll. I've probably used 30 feet of it so far. I think it was $52 delivered (Amazon).

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim I'm probably going to do the Garnet monitoring system some day soon. What do you you think is the best way to access each tank ? Pull down the whole thing or cut acsess holes in it ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk