Accidentally filled black tank instead of fresh h20 and flooded

ccrider

Thanks for all the replies. Im pretty sure i got it all cleaned up. I cleaned the carpets. Thank God the dealer had cleaned the tank before i bought it. I might have been calling the insurance company. I'm assuming he flushed/sanitized it cause it was all very clear water. Plus the previous owner barely used the rv. I used heaters and dehumidifers (seperately). I also removed the underbelly (partially). I felt as far back as i could. I didnt see anything but a tiny bit of water left over. Where it was wet before is dry now (under toilet).I ran the dehumidifer in the under storage area the best i could. I also put a bucket of that damp rid stuff that has the charcoal in it so i did the best i could with it.When I get a chance im going to remove that underbelly all the way and check the whole black tank and its connections like you are saying. Thanks again

I'll answer this just in case your still reading this. When I did it the system was pressurized and just before it came out of the toilet and ran down the stairs, it blew off the outlet for the black tank. Not clear off, in fact it took over a year before it was a problem. The smell of sewer became unmistakable, but mostly the belly was dry. When I had finally had enough and removed the front half of the fiber underbelly, I found the puddle. No solids, just liquid. Several hundred dollars and a week without a bathroom, a helpful mobile repairman (if you are as old as I am, it's a two person job) and I fixed the problem. We recemented the outgoing line back into the tank. No matter what the dealer says, let your nose be your guide!!!!!
diamondl

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Friend of ours who fulltimes at our Winter Texan park (has a Class A SOB) was flushing, guy came by they started shooting it, they decided to run over to some guy's house that was selling fishing equipment cheap. DW came home over two hours later. You can imagine. It was dripping from the ceiling throughout the coach (we figured it must have separated the vent pipe with the pressure between the ceiling and the roof).
That was the 2nd week of April. Between insurance to pay for it and someone to actually clean and disinfect it, it still hasn't been taken care of as of the 2nd week of June. They've been in a condo waiting since mid-April.