adding a drinking water filter only

phelpo

has anyone added a drinking water filter under the sink? I have a 2014 BC and I'm wondering if
I can drill a hole in the counter top to add the faucet.

Thanks

Phelpo

brianharrison

I have a single cartridge filter under my sink on the cold line to the kitchen faucet. Accomplishes the same function, I just did not install a separate faucet. The RV Water Filter Store is a good source.

I figured the extra use for filtering water for dishes or cooking was not cost prohibitive to just change out the filter every once and a while. I usually change it each season anyhow, with winterization. I'm sure I do not deplete a cartridge in one season anyhow.

Brian

PS - You can drill a hole in the countertop no problem, I would use a hole saw to start and run it backwards to score the top surface first, then drill. Solid surface countertop (Corian, Hanex) is fairly easy to work with....

hoefler

I added a Reverse Osmosis System to our Landmark and ran a line to the icemaker in addition to the faucet on the sink. The Corian tops are very easy to work with using any sharp wood working tools. A spade bit or a hole saw works very well.

porthole

Retired
I installed a RO system.

Didn't care for the way it worked. Removed the membrane and tank, re-plumbed it and used all the filters to a drink spigot installed in the counter top. Used a spade bit for the hole.
works great and we have multi filtered drinking water. 5 filters (4 if using tank water) before it hits the cup.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not a drinking faucet hole but I did drill a hole for a soap dispenser. I used a hole saw. Our counter is Corian.

porthole

Retired
I did the same as Ray, also added one in the bathroom Here is a tip in the limited area of the bathroom counter top. Figure out where you want to drill the hole. Drill a 1/16" hole part way. then use a flashlight to "see where that hole will be on the opposite side. I'd post a picture, but I'm done waiting for the forum today!

marvmarcy

I added a drinking water filter and separate faucet in the kitchen and soap dispensers in the kitchen and in the bath. I just measured carefully to align everything and miss obstacles beneath the counter top. I used a paddle bit to drill holes. I attached the filter to the cold water line with a saddle valve. I also put a filter in line to the ice maker.