Adding an Accurate Thermostat to your Coach...

porthole

Retired
Tried that too. I have a Dometic t-stat that should work but doesn't. And Dometic has no tech support for end users.

traveler44

I bought a hunter 44155 programable when we were on the road but waited until we got home to install it. The wiring layout that you guys posted ,worked for me. I wanted the 2 speed fan for circulating the air without using the a/c or furnace. I went to a home improvement store and got a switch and box that mounts on the wall and ran the blue wire through it. I feel safer using wiring and switches that are rated for home use. I tried to figure out how to tag the switch for high and low speed but then figured out that, up is high and down is low, the way I have it set up. Thanks! Tom M.

HI, new to site. have a 2010 graystone 32re. I want to put a hunter thermo. in. I need to know how to wire. I have a $2.00 dometric from factory with 8 wires and cant find out how to wire, the other sites show 6 wires. Any help would be great. Glad I found this site. thanks,Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Altarose27, welcome to the forum. HERE is a link to the installation of a Hunter T-stat.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

slb714

I hooked up my hunter like the 1st thread states and when I put it on cool and put it in Auto the compressor kicks on and stays on all the time regardless of temp. then the fan starts when its gets to the set temp.??? please help im confused

slb714

2011-05-19_17-55-57_336.jpgthis is mine its a 44155c model I just went back and swapped the yellow wire from the Y/O to the Y1 and it seems to be working like that..in the manual for the hunter it says that the Y/O is for the cool compressor and the Y1 is for the heat pump comressor...go figure I can't run the A/C long right now its tripping my breaker because I have it ran on a long extension cord but we are heading out in the morning and I will try iy at the camp ground

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are still having problems after you get to the CG, call Hunter and tell them what wires you have. Fan, compressor, heat, power and ground. Ask what terminals they should be on.

Peace
Dave

ParkIt

Bookmarked the Hunter site for "the list", I was not overly thrilled to see a standard therm sensor when it arrived. Will follow the wire up troubleshooting you all have posted. Thanks!

slb714

View attachment 13196this is mine its a 44155c model I just went back and swapped the yellow wire from the Y/O to the Y1 and it seems to be working like that..in the manual for the hunter it says that the Y/O is for the cool compressor and the Y1 is for the heat pump comressor...go figure I can't run the A/C long right now its tripping my breaker because I have it ran on a long extension cord but we are heading out in the morning and I will try iy at the camp ground

ok I had not ran my furnace since hooking up my hunter, I ran it this weekend and the A/C and the furnace kicked on at the same time, if I lower the temp setting the A/C will turn off, and I can turn the temp setting back up but the furnace will not turn off, am I missing something here?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I gotta ask the obvious. Did you double check your wiring? And did you wire it according to the wiring information found in the WIKI?
And lastly, did you add the HI/LOW fan switch?
Just a couple of thoughts.

Peace
Dave