Adding Heat Pumps to Existing A/C units

Little help fairly new here and have a Ac/heater question

Again I'm fairly new to the site and so if someone knows a link to my question that would me awesome or
if someone could answer it even better

I have a 2017 heartland gateway 3650bh so if anyone is familiar with this unit
you would know there is a Thermostat in the master bed room and outside the room by the stairs
so the one in the master room has a furnace selection on it and I can adjust it from 40 the lowest 90 the highest but nothing happens can someone tell me why? Now I'm left to assume that nothing is suppose
to happen since it is the ac unit that turns on (I know this does not turn on the furnace) so since it seems to turn on the fan on the ac unit does this mean I can install a heat strips inside and have it connected to the thermostat?

IronJ

Only one will operate the furnace...as for the heat strips you need to see if it is pre wired to plug in the heat strip...

And second to that you will need a thermostat that has heat strip function..

I added the heat strip to my bedroom and love it...but did have to purcahse the appropriate thermostat and swap it out...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Only one will operate the furnace...as for the heat strips you need to see if it is pre wired to plug in the heat strip...

And second to that you will need a thermostat that has heat strip function..

I added the heat strip to my bedroom and love it...but did have to purcahse the appropriate thermostat and swap it out...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Ok thanks I'll look into that