Adding Slide Toppers to BC 3155RLK

Dwayne61

Hi All, I am going to be adding slide toppers to my 3 slides on my 3155RLK. If any of you 3155RLK owners have toppers already, could you take a picture of the dinette side so I can see how much clearance there is going to be needed between the sun awning and the topper end. There is lots of room for the other 2 slides on the drivers side, just worried about the curb side one. Also I am going to be adding the Lippert Solid step too. thanks Dwayne61

Dwayne61

Well I got the new toppers installed with out any real problems,(except poking my finger with the drill driver bit, ouch).
I started with the bedroom slide first as it was the smallest and looked like it would be straight forward. Only issue was in the instructions it says that the trailer track needs to be a minimum 3" above the roller. Well with the front roof line sloping down for the nose, the front edge had to be up tight to the rain gutter and set the height at maybe a half inch higher. all in all it works fine.
Next I did the longest one by the kitchen. The top of the slide was level and had lots of clearance above on the wall. I used a block of wood 4.5" high and ran a pencil line from front back screwed the top of the track at the line. Install after that was straight forward according to instructions.
The slide on the curb side was the last one. Had to make sure that the slide roller didn't stick out too far and get hit by the awning arm. This slide has a rain gutter on the side of the wall and gutter extensions too. I put the bottom of the topper track on top of the gutter and removed the extensions. this gave me 4.5" of fall from the wall to the topper roller. Lots for water to run off. Had to place roller 1" back from centre so it missed the awning arm.
Install took about 2hrs each. One piece of advice is to get yourself a lift or 2 of scaffolding on wheels, it's easier than up and down ladders. You can't do it yourself, need a helper. Lots of batteries for the drill. Need to be exact with the attaching of track and brackets, butyl tape isn't forgiving. Put a bead of RV silicone on top of the track on the wall.
Hope this helps someone.
icon6.png