Adding Wireless Switch for Bedroom Lights

justafordguy

Here's what I put in the garage of my 4200 Cyclone. The beds blocked the light from the table/bed so I installed these on the bottom of the top bunk and works great. You can also buy two sets and control them with the switch(s)

We use them all the time and so far battery life has been great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-Wireless-Remote-LED-Puck-Light-Set/41920657

I've been looking for something like to use in our 4100. Ordered it as soon as I showed it to DW. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ndmac

I've been looking for something like to use in our 4100. Ordered it as soon as I showed it to DW. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forsythtrib6,
Glad it helped you out! (Especially with DW)
I know they have several options similar to these, but the multiple pucks help cover the area I needed.

Happy Camping!

Cjackg

Here's the switch I added behind the oem wiring to provide dimmer and on/off via remote control for the LED lites...

LED-Inline-dimmer.JPG

Cjackg

I am using these on my awning LEDs on our Cyclone, but I wire them in after the orig switch so it serves as an override.

Oregon_Camper

Thought I'd update everyone....especially AZ_Erine. Thanks to 2psnapod2 and his link for the wireless remote (one page one of this thread) I now have a working wireless remote in place of the switch behind the door.

Note...if anyone reads this, the wires on the switch are as follows. Red/White = power and the Red/Pink is the wire to the LED's in the ceiling.

I did that while camping, so I still need to create an opening in the top cabinet....for now i just have the box attached with velco. Wife LOVES it....so of course I am a Happy Camper.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you mount the box for the switch on the inside of the cabinet by pulling out a draw or two?

Oregon_Camper

Can you mount the box for the switch on the inside of the cabinet by pulling out a draw or two?

The drawers are in the lower cabinet...where the original switch and electrical plug reside. Our goal is to mount the switch inside the cabinet at eye level. I need to determine the actual depth in there, before I go cutting a hole for the switch.

I did however pull out the drawer to remove the wires from the original switch and then attach them to the wireless transmitter. It was easy to then tuck the transmitter back in the frame of the lower cabinet.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh ok. I thought you had mounted the controls on the outside for now. I am one that does not like to change the overall looks of my mods. Like to upgrade but keep the finish looking the same. I would bet the upper cabinet has plenty of room. But by all means check first!