Adjusting front landing gear

Tweitekamp

Looks as if my legs are not "even". When I go to drop my legs on my shed with a perfectly level concrete floor, one leg makes contact with the ground before the other. Is there any adjustment that can be made just to make it better. I isn't too bad but just not quite right.

Suggestions??

wdk450

Tweitekamp:
What you need to do is 1) remove the bolt through the square shaft connecting the two legs (the unconnected leg will not go down), 2) use the motor switch or a round screwdriver shaft through the empty screw hole in the leg shaft to adjust the shorter leg down to match the other,3) then put the connecting shaft back in place and re-install the bolt and nut. This job may be best done while supporting the front two frame sides with jackstands.

VKTalley

Tweitekamp, the landing gear on our Big Country sends one leg down first then the other. For me, the only time it is frustrating is when we are hitching up and doing our pull test but otherwise it's not a problem.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looks as if my legs are not "even". When I go to drop my legs on my shed with a perfectly level concrete floor, one leg makes contact with the ground before the other. Is there any adjustment that can be made just to make it better. I isn't too bad but just not quite right.

Suggestions??
Tweitekamp, are your front legs electric or hydraulic?? If electric, follow wdk450's post. If Hydraulic, it's normal for that to happen. Back to the electric version. There is a device called a leg leveler available through most dealers or the internet. It's a device that is attached to adjust one leg slightly depending on different situations encountered when setting up on uneven ground. It's a very handy little device CLICK HERE

Gas20

Where is the shaft connecting the to legs? I opened the hatch and I see the two legs but no shaft connecting the two. I have a 2011 Elkridge 5th.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Where is the shaft connecting the to legs? I opened the hatch and I see the two legs but no shaft connecting the two. I have a 2011 Elkridge 5th.

Look up at the front, top of the compartment. Most likely it's painted black and hard to see. It's about 3/4" square tube. Unless you've got hydraulic front jacks.

porthole

Retired
Ray's suggestion is spot on, I used one for two years before installing the LevelUp, then I gave it away at the Goshen rally.

A

articcolds

Hello I have been searching for answers to this. I have hydraulic front jacks. And like others say one goes down then the other. This is fine but I have noticed no matter what I do now they are not leveling. Is there a way to adjust this? I see some screw nobs by the pump and they are connected to hydraulic hoses. I wondered if this is the pressure adjustment or what? My bighorn is leaning one way now and I cannot get it level. Quite frustrating and will soon add more hydraulic stabilizers some how to auto level this darn thing.
Any suggestions would be wonderful.
Andy

jimtoo

HI articcolds,

If your unit just has the two front hyd jacks, they do not level the unit side to side. They are just to raise and lower the front of the unit. You must used boards or whatever under the tires to level the unit side to side. Then the front hyd jacks level it front to rear. The knobs by the pump are to control the opening and closing of the slides. They should be labeled near the bottom of the tray as BR, OffD or some thing like that. If you close a valve it will not let a slide work. This is so if you just want to open one slide you can do it.