air and heat go on together and won't turn off

The air conditioning and heat go on together and will not turn off. We checked the thermostat. Even took it off and it still wouldn't turn off!! We had to turn off the breaker which turns off all the lights in the 5th wheel. And the fridge, which wasn't working either anyway. We have a 2012 Big Country. I am so disgusted with this 5th wheel. Every time we open up from winter, there is something wrong. The Genisis system doesn't work either. But we always have problems every year with that. Have to take it out and fix wires. And our dealer won't send anyone out to fix it and we can't move it. We specifically bought from them because they told us they would send someone out whenever needed. They did the first year, second year it was a hassle to get someone out and now they won't at all and they can't find someone to come out. We bought the extended warranty thankfully. Now only if we could find someone to come and fix it!!! I think it's time to fix all the problems and get rid of this thing!! And not buy from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon that's for sure!!! Or another heartland!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

danemayer

have you set the thermostat FAN MODE to AUTO? If on HIGH or LOW the A/C fan will run continuously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

air conditioner

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to unhook the air conditioner from the electrical in the rv? Ours will not go off. We have to flip the fuse to turn it off which in turn turns off the lighting, water heater and water pump. Our dealer told us when we bought it they would send someone to fix any problems we may have. Well, that was a lie. We bought from them for that reason because this rv stays where it's at. We don't tow it. And can't tow it. Can't find anyone to come here and look at it. The dealer is no help what so ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: air conditioner

When you say it will not go off do you mean that it always runs?
Always blows cold air?
Is the compressor and/or the fan running?
Is the thermostat set to auto and the fan not turned on?
Please help us understand your problem.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Re: air conditioner

Hi peanut0426,

Instead of pulling a fuse, have you tried turning off the circuit breaker that provides 120V AC to the air conditioner? The air conditioners usually have their own circuit breaker.

But perhaps the problem is that the air conditioner blower is running when you turn on the furnace. That's pretty common and is caused by having the thermostat FAN setting on HIGH or LOW rather than AUTO. If that's what's going on, cycle the thermostat to FAN mode and press the + or - button to cycle the FAN Mode to AUTO.

Let us know what you find.

Yes, the fan was set to auto. That was the very first thing we checked when it started happening! We have found where to disconnect it totally.

danemayer

You might call around to RV Parks and Resorts in your area. They usually have one or two mobile servicers who come out to work on rigs in the resort.

- - - Updated - - -

Merged the 2 threads so all discussion is kept together.