Air Bag Pin Box

whanner

Hello... anyone using the pin box with the airbags on them? Heartland have any warranty issues if I add one to my 3650RL?

brianharrison

Yes - I have the TrailAir pinbox on my Landmark with the airbag - it came from factory therefore you should not have any issue to warranty if you add the correct replacement model for your coach.

Here is a Lippert (TrailAir supplier) website that you may find useful to figure out the pinbox model needed based on your existing pinbox model.

Brian

whanner

Yes - I have the TrailAir pinbox on my Landmark with the airbag - it came from factory therefore you should not have any issue to warranty if you add the correct replacement model for your coach.

Here is a Lippert (TrailAir supplier) website that you may find useful to figure out the pinbox model needed based on your existing pinbox model.

Brian

Thanks Brian... do they help as much as they claim?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also have a TrailAir pinbox on my BH3670. HL installed it at the factory.

It works very well. It really smooths out the ride of both the BH and the Truck.

Absolutely no bumping or chucking. Trace

jnbhobe

They deffinately make a difference Trail-Air Tri-glide is a good one and so is 5th Airborne I have had both. Mor-Ryde also makes a good one.

whanner

Thanks for the feedback. We do not have our unit yet so I cant go look...which pin-box does the 3650RL come with? I am assuming the chassis is a Lippert?

lwmcguir

Any of the Air bag style pin boxes will help reduce the stress on the front end of your frame. That is a good thing. Roads aren't going to get much better so you will encounter some bumps along the way.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The standard Big Country 3650 comes with a straight pin box unless you order it with either the TrailAir or TrailAir Tri-glide from the factory. The dealer might also offer one of the other brands mentioned above or they might already have ordered one which will be on the lot with an air bag setup. We had the TrailAir Tri-glide on our other Big Country which was ok but instead with the current coach went with changing the hitch to a TrailerMate bag system. Like it much better.

ILH

The other alternative is to install a hitch with an air bag built in. For instance, I have the Trailer Saver by Hensley. Mine is the BD3.

I went this route because I hadn't yet bought a hitch and I plan to change my trailer within the next 4 years. The hitch fits standard rails. The setup works well for me.

lwmcguir

5th airborne here. I like the fact the air bag is protected and also u can still use the shroud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
We really liked ours as well and with the shroud on. However we changed to a Goose Box due to the frame issues so we could still use the ball and not have to change hitches.

rick_debbie_gallant

We really liked ours as well and with the shroud on. However we changed to a Goose Box due to the frame issues so we could still use the ball and not have to change hitches.

The "B&W companion hitch" coupled with the "5th airborne pin box" is by far a great combination. Of course that is just my humble opinion and that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2