Air Bags.

porthole

Retired
Air bag question? I just put the Cyclone on the truck for the first time with the air bags. I would say the truck goes down 2.5 to 3 inches with the added weight of the Cyclone. Do I press up the air bag pressure until the truck is back to normal height without Cyclone, or just to 50-55psi. I took it to 75 psi and I was still not at normal height. Perhaps it is more about the truck and the 5er looking balanced than being at a given height. I did not get a 30 ft view of the hook up to see if it looked balanced. I thought I saw most people use about 50 psi. Anyone with air bags on a 2500HD using more than 50 psi?

We had a GMC 2500HD. With our Cyclone my pressure would vary between 40-70 depending on the load in the garage. I had the wireless hit so adjustments were easy.

I measured the empty height of my truck. I then set the pressure to bring the truck up to about 1" under the no load height.
Worked well for me.

Miltp920

I got the controller in the cab too. Looking forward to the ease of adjustment. you had a 2500HD, and went to 350DRW. Why not stay with 2500? 3010 is pretty close to my 3100.

Miltp920

I know by the GMC GCWR, I am challenging my truck. That is why I put the airlift5000 on her. It pulls it fine, like everyone says, duramax/allison will pull more than the truck is rated for. The question is, how much is too much before we move to a 1 ton. Just wasn't planning on a different truck so soon. MANY people told me the 2500HD was enough for my 3100. Wish that GCWR from GMC said 24,500.
What is your 350 GCWR?

Too much trailer for the truck

MrRvGypsy

Towing my 2014 Savannah with our 2010 F350 DRW was producing alot of bouncing in the rear of the truck without airbags. quite an uncomfortable towing experience. I was firmly sitting on the overload springs and had over 9 inches of space between the truck bed rails and the trailer bottom.
After installing the Ride Rite Firestone bags and inflated to 40psi I was able to lower my hitch and keep 6.5 inches of clearance and found the ride to be much more stable and enjoyable. I am completely off the overloads and the bouncing of the truck's rear ends on dips in the road is gone.
Installed the no drill kit in about 3 hours with the valves on each side of my license plate. i was able to keep the trailer level to within 1/2 inch both before and after installing the airbags.

Last edited:

torque1911

Installed airlift 5000 ultimate from Amazon for $203 shipped to my door ! Awesome deal !
Huge difference no more sag ! Much better control only needed about 40psi !