Air cond. Ductwork

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in the same situation with our unit - air is cold coming from both AC units but there just isn't enough air flow out of the living room/kitchen vents to keep the unit cool enough in the summer heat in that area. I'd be interested in knowing how to increase air flow- I have checked all the ducts and there are no restrictions, just seems like the blowers are not up to the job or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Since both AC units have their supply and return headers cross-tied, what keeps the air from short cycling between the headers when only one unit is running?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me where you purchased the lower flanged vents?

07b44df980e6a2de9462b40617fdff9b.png

From www.dwincorp.com, the 1/4" flange. They don't fit the holes exactly. You will have to add your own screws, and create new holes. They do not match the factory vents, so if you are particular, you'll have to get ones for the return side as well. The same filters will fit, but you have to cut the center so the center post (that makes the vent adjustable) can go through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07b44df980e6a2de9462b40617fdff9b.png

From www.dwincorp.com, the 1/4" flange. They don't fit the holes exactly. You will have to add your own screws, and create new holes. They do not match the factory vents, so if you are particular, you'll have to get ones for the return side as well. The same filters will fit, but you have to cut the center so the center post (that makes the vent adjustable) can go through it.

Thanks for the info, but I think I'm going to try and modify the existing vent flanges first after I bring it home in September.

TravelTiger

Thanks for the info, but I think I'm going to try and modify the existing vent flanges first after I bring it home in September.

Tripleoaktx, sorry, I was replying to someone else that asked for these on this thread.

Nuclearcowboy

Tripleoaktx, sorry, I was replying to someone else that asked for these on this thread.

Thanks for the info TravelTiger - I think what I will try first is to take my large bench top belt sander and reduce the size of that lip by running them over that sander.

TravelTiger

Thanks for the info TravelTiger - I think what I will try first is to take my large bench top belt sander and reduce the size of that lip by running them over that sander.

If you've got the ability, that would be my recommendation. Please post pics and results!

That's the same approach I'm going to take. I'm going leave the lip in the back in order to try and catch additional air.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to update our situation with Heartland Corporate, I received a reply to my request for reimbursement. However, it was not acceptable, since they will only offer partial payment for my expenses incurred solving their problem. The battle continues.

Final update on my battle with Heartland on this issue. The director of Warranty Services agreed to reimburse us part of what we had to spend to get this issue resolved( slightly less than half of our documented expenses). Another thing that came up in our conversation was that they did reimburse our dealer for the labor they expended to fix the problem, thereby excepting responsibility for the issue. While we were not happy with this response, at least we recovered some of our costs and now have a trailer that is usable in south Texas. Doesn't change my opinion of Heartland in the least.

TravelTiger

Final update on my battle with Heartland on this issue. The director of Warranty Services agreed to reimburse us part of what we had to spend to get this issue resolved( slightly less than half of our documented expenses). Another thing that came up in our conversation was that they did reimburse our dealer for the labor they expended to fix the problem, thereby excepting responsibility for the issue. While we were not happy with this response, at least we recovered some of our costs and now have a trailer that is usable in south Texas. Doesn't change my opinion of Heartland in the least.

Gee, Heartland paid the dealer to fix this issue, and reimbursed you as well, and you're not happy with Heartland? I'd be going after the dealer!

Gee, Heartland paid the dealer to fix this issue, and reimbursed you as well, and you're not happy with Heartland? I'd be going after the dealer!

Yes, they finally paid the dealer and partially reimbursed me, but only after way too much discussion between myself, Explore USA and the Director of Warranty Service. It should have been, yes sir we see your problem and we will get it fixed right away. Nothing really started happening until I got Explore USA's Service Manager involved, so I've got nothing but praise for them.

CDN

B and B
Yes, they finally paid the dealer and partially reimbursed me, but only after way too much discussion between myself, Explore USA and the Director of Warranty Service. It should have been, yes sir we see your problem and we will get it fixed right away. Nothing really started happening until I got Explore USA's Service Manager involved, so I've got nothing but praise for them.

Good on the dealer for getting involved, that really is good customer service. Many people have dealers that will not get involved on any issue let alone an issues related to a general design.

FTR they have changed roof designs and now have wooden raters and regular ducts for the Big Horn, Big Country and Landmark lines. They are and were listening to customers.

Have fun Camping!

TravelTiger

Good on the dealer for getting involved, that really is good customer service. Many people have dealers that will not get involved on any issue let alone an issues related to a general design.

FTR they have changed roof designs and now have wooden raters and regular ducts for the Big Horn, Big Country and Landmark lines. They are and were listening to customers.

Have fun Camping!

Actually, they are using aluminum rafters. This is at the factory. A customer's 2016 Big Country having some major work done on the roof. Don't know its story, but you can see this is the new roof system.

7f6ea123888c79c4df91f97f3d081094.jpg

CDN

B and B
I stand corrected, I was using information from service personal in Goshen and my dealer. I guess they were told different info.

TravelTiger

I stand corrected, I was using information from service personal in Goshen and my dealer. I guess they were told different info.

Maybe a recent change? Not sure. This was taken mid June.

Have fun Camping!
Yes, nothing would have happened if they hadn't taken the ball and run with it. That's interesting that they've changed their design, but it still doesn't excuse their poor attitude in dealing with my problem and because of that they've lost any repeat business from us.

You have fun camping, too.