Air Conditioner Leaking Water

We have a 2014 NT 33TBUD that set on the lot for over a year. To say the least, there were several things that were in need of repair. One thing we haven't been able to overcome is the air conditioner leaking while running and a steady stream when it shuts off. It's so bad, we have to leave a bath towel in the middle of our floor and it is typically soaked with a day. CW's answer was to run it on high all the time due to the condensation needing the fan? That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Jamie,

The A/C units normally produce quite a bit of water that usually runs off across the roof. Sounds like your unit isn't draining onto the roof for some reason. I'd suggest carefully removing the shroud on the roof. The problem may be obvious - like a plugged water outlet. I wouldn't be surprised if you find standing water.

When removing the shroud, be careful in case insects/wasps have nested inside. Getting sudden surprises while on the roof can be dangerous.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had water dripping from our front ac unit occasionally, especially if it was humid outside. Turns out the incoming and outgoing air passages inside the unit were not separated properly in the ac unit. DH removed the inside housing and found it. Used metal duct tape to fix. No more leaks on the bed from the AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Remove the inside cover and make sure the 4 bolts that hold the unit to the roof are tight. Dont tighten them too tight...just snug. BTW, if it sat for a year, you should inspect all the caulking very closely on the roof, around windows and all seam on the side of your trailer. Any water intrusion can be very bad.

We had water dripping from our front ac unit occasionally, especially if it was humid outside. Turns out the incoming and outgoing air passages inside the unit were not separated properly in the ac unit. DH removed the inside housing and found it. Used metal duct tape to fix. No more leaks on the bed from the AC.

I think this is probably our problem. The metallic insulation piece that separates the return from the vent has been loose several times and the continue to 'fix' it. I just looked and it has come loose again. It seems to be all one big unit under there, no separation between the two sides. I will fix it myself and swear off CW, at least for service, for the remainder of our camping lives....thanks to all!

dbbls59

I would check your roof carefully. My AC leaked water under the rubber roof and rotted the wood under it. The TPO material has a felt like material under it and it wicked the water almost 4 feet from the AC. All caused by the AC not being tightened down properly. It required a new roof, of course not covered by warranty.

whp4262

The A/C units on my class A would drip water into the unit occasionally. The fix was to pull the shroud cover and clean the unit and drain ports. This would cure the problem till they got dirty again.