Air conditioning Dometic B57915.711co

Tghoover

My Dometic A/C turns on, runs for a few minutes, compressor turns off, then about 20 seconds later turns on. This happens 5-6 times before it runs normally. It produces cold air, just wondering if there is an issue starting? Thanks

jbeletti

One or more of mine are doing the same thing. Mine's in the shop now so I don't now what the resolve was or if they resolved it.

Ideas for you:
- Replace the thermostat
- Replace the control board in the rooftop unit

Also, what Heartland brand, model and model year do you have?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Could be the freeze sensor has fallen out ( or was never installed) in the evaporator fins. It's a white wire with a black tip about 2 inches long. It should be between the fins in the middle (left to right) and about an inch up from the bottom. It can be accessed by taking the filter cover off. This has been known to cause "short cycling"

wdk450

My Dometic A/C turns on, runs for a few minutes, compressor turns off, then about 20 seconds later turns on. This happens 5-6 times before it runs normally. It produces cold air, just wondering if there is an issue starting? Thanks

Suggest you do an advanced forum search (top right corner of this page) with the search terms "short cycle". There have been many threads on this subject over the years.

Lou_and_Bette

When my AC’s “approach” the set temp, they will “pause” for very short time and resume at a higher or lower fan speed. IIRC, the AC has a “brain” that tries to keep the unit running at optimal speed. When my AC is doing this, I can adjust the temperature setting lower by a degree or two and it will stop doing this back and forth. Once I have achieved the temp I want, I will back the thermostat back to my true temp. Something easy to try before more involved procedures.